Tuesday, February 8, 2011

OLD TIN


AFTER SEEING HOW WONDERFUL
MY FRIEND JUDY'S CANDLE MOLDS
LOOKED IN HER BOWL RACK I DECIDED
TO COLLECT A FEW FOR THE BOWL RACK
SHE GIFTED ME A FEW YEARS AGO.
I BOUGHT THE ONE ON THE BOTTOM (12 HOLE)
AND THE ONE ON THE UPPER LEFT (8 HOLE) ON EBAY.
THE ONE ON THE UPPER RIGHT (6 HOLE) WAS GIFTED TO
ME BY JUDY JUST THE OTHER DAY WHEN
WE HAD A BELATED CHRISTMAS EXCHANGE.
SHE LIVES OVER AN HOURS DRIVE FROM ME AND WE JUST
HADN'T BEEN ABLE TO GET TOGETHER SO SHE
CAME FOR THE DAY LAST FRIDAY.


A CLOSER LOOK.


I'VE ALSO BEEN COLLECTING OLD TIN
HORSE COOKIE CUTTERS. I LIKE THEM TO
HAVE A DARK PATINA AND EVEN SOME
RUST ON THEM IS OK WITH ME. IN THE BOWLS ABOVE
ARE THREE I HAVE COLLECTED.


ABOVE ARE TWO MORE IN MY COLLECTION.
THE ONE ON THE LEFT WAS ANOTHER OF MY
WONDERFUL GIFTS FROM JUDY. THE ONE
ON THE RIGHT I PURCHASED AT AN ANTIQUES SHOP.


I HAVE A FEW HEARTS TOO. THESE ARE NOT SO
DARK A PATINA BUT I LOVE THEM JUST THE SAME.
THE ONE IN FRONT WAS PURCHASED ON EBAY AND IS
VERY TINY. THE ONE IN BACK ANOTHER OF MY GIFTS
FROM JUDY.


I HAVE THE HEARTS SETTING ON THE SHELF OF
MY SPOON RACK WHERE I HAVE AN OLD
TIN MEASURE NEXT TO THEM.

I HAVE A FEW OTHER PIECES THAT I HAVEN'T
SHOWN BUT MAYBE ANOTHER DAY. THANK YOU
DEAR JUDY FOR ALL OF THE WONDERFUL GIFTS
AND MOSTLY FOR YOUR FRIENDSHIP. IT WAS A
VERY SPECIAL DAY SPENT WITH A TRUE FRIEND.

UNTIL NEXT TIME....LORI

17 comments:

Penny said...

Such beautiful items so nicely displayed!! Love the candle molds on the bowl rack. A great way to show them off! The cookie cutters are wonderful, too. I have a small collection of the heart ones, as well, and they are especially great for this time of year! Have a nice day!

Green Creek Primitives said...

I love your collections. I like the idea of putting the candle molds in the bowl rack. I like to collect tin also, have a old box full of cookie cutters. I also collect pewter, love any ot that kind of stuff. Thanks for sharing. Vicky

Sandra said...

Hi Lori,
I have a large collection of cookie cutters too, but I don't have any horses. You are lucky to have acquired them. Thankfully, I bought most of mine a long time ago. Now, unless you get lucky or have a good friend like Judy, they are so expensive. Will have to share some pictures sometime.
Many Happy Stitches,
Sandra
Homespun Elegance
plainfancymerchant.blogspot

Beckyjean said...

Simply wonderful displays!!

Becky

Holly Hills Primitives said...

What a great idea for the candle molds. I so enjoy seeing all of your eye candy when you post pictures of your beautiful home. Thanks for sharing, Dawn

Courtney said...

Lori,
Thanks for sharing your awesome collections. I feel like I went antiquing without having to leave the chair! You are some really neat cutters. Everything looks beautiful.
Cheers!
Courtney

PrimWyoGirl said...

I love your tin goods. I collect the cookie cutters too, mainly hearts and rabbits. I love the candle molds and they look great in your rack. I don't have any of these yet but have a single than has been turned into a hanging candle holder on the way. Thanks for sharing!
Jayne

woolyredrug said...

Hi Lori,
What a treat you've shared with us today!
Love your tin treasures...and lovin' that blue/black box in the photos too!
~Laurie

my3Kitties said...

Thanks for sharing your wonderful pictures. I love the candle molds, I have none myself but your display incourages me to think twice??? Can you tell me, next to your candle molds, is that a hooked rug hanging? Nice!!!
Thanks, Tammy

HomeSpunPrims said...

Laurie,
The wallbox is black.

Tammy,
Yes, that's a little rug with a basket on it. It's covering the wall jack for the phone. We don't have a landline anymore so I covered the wall jack with the rug.

Lori

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Such wonderful pieces Lori. Thanks so much for sharing. Love your groupings. Displayed so nicely!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Lori ~
What great collections displayed so beautifully.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Janet - underthewillow said...

gosh I adore olde tin!...I love finding a piece with just that right amount of patina...such fun!...love your candle molds!

Janet

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Such lovely pieces and love how you have it all displayed. Great patina on those cookie cutters.

WoolenSails said...

Great pieces and wish I had known cookie cutters would be a good collectible, before the prices went up;)

Debbie

Linda said...

Lori..........what a great way to
display your candle molds. I love your spoon rack too. You are a beautiful rug hooker also.
Linda

Le blog de marylin said...

Hello I am writing from France, I love your achievement but I think Zoe just adorable
friendships marylin FRANCE