Wednesday, January 19, 2011

SWEET LITTLE SAMPLER


I LOVE THIS SMALL SAMPLER! IT MEASURES
ABOUT SIX INCHES AND WAS INSPIRED BY
AN ANTIQUE SAMPLER. I HAVE THE PERFECT
SIZE FRAME THAT I JUST NEED TO PAINT AND
THEN IT WILL BE READY TO PUT TOGETHER.
I'VE AGED IT SO IT'S GOOD TO GO! IT WILL
GO IN THE BLUE/BROWN GUEST BEDROOM. 
I HAVE PLANS FOR TWO MORE WITH BLUE
IN THEM TO CHANGE UP THE ONES I HAVE
ON THE WALL NEXT TO THE LITTLE DRESSES. I
WANT ALL THE SAMPLERS IN THAT BEDROOM
TO HAVE BLUE IN THEM. I'LL SHOW MY PROGRESS
ON THE OTHERS WHEN I GET THEM GOING. HOPEFULLY
SOON. I HAVE A BAD CASE OF ECZEMA RIGHT NOW
AND AM TRYING TO DO THINGS THAT WON'T IRRITATE
IT. WOOL IS NOT GOOD FOR IT SO NO RUG
HOOKING FOR NOW (BOO HOO!) BUT I AM
HOPING IN ABOUT THREE WEEKS TO BE ABLE TO GET
BACK TO IT.  I HAVE A NICE BIG RUG
STARTED FOR THE GUEST BEDROOM AND
WHEN I GET THE SAMPLERS AND THAT RUG
DONE I THINK I WILL FINALLY HAVE THE ROOM
THE WAY I HAVE ENVISIONED IT.

I'D LIKE TO THANK ALL WHO VISITED ME FOR MY
UPDATE THIS WEEK. I CAN'T THANK YOU ENOUGH
FOR ALL THE KIND WORDS AND SUPPORT.
IF YOU SEE ANYTHING YOU HAVE A QUESTION
ABOUT JUST SEND ME AN EMAIL.
UNTIL NEXT TIME.....LORI

11 comments:

Green Creek Primitives said...

Hi Lori, I love the sampler. Samplers are one thing I love to make or find. They add so much to a room. Thanks for sharing. Vicky

primitivebettys said...

Lori, that is a very sweet sampler. I wish my spare room was as nice as yours.

Feel better!

Smiles,
Betty

Jan said...

How charming!

dixiesamplardesigns said...

Love your little sampler...it is so sweet looking!

Sorry you are suffering and hope it clears up soon...

Happy Stitchin'
Terri

The Humble Stitcher said...

That's just the kind of sampler that I love!!! The blue and brown is perfect together :)

Sandy

Prim Stacy said...

Love the sampler...it looks so old! Can't wait to see all the samplers together in your room!
~Hugs,
Stacy

Diane said...

Love the blues & browns! And you "age" it so well! I'm right with you on the blues/browns---love that combination. And your home pics are just a delight--look forward to seeing the sampler framed and in its new home.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Lori ~
That is a very sweet little sampler!
I hope your eczema clears up soon!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Joanne said...

That is a wonderful sweet sampler. Hope you find some relief from your eczema

Sandi said...

What a pretty sampler!

Angie Berry said...

Oh that is adorable! What a cute little size. Sorry about the eczema setback, hope it heals soon!