Monday, January 31, 2011

SOME FUN PICS....


MY FRIEND STEPHANIE HABER OF OLD COLONY PRIMITIVES
MADE THIS AWESOME PINKEEP FOR ME! I THINK
IT'S A LORI BRECHLIN DESIGN. I JUST LOVE
IT AND IT'S SO NICE TO HAVE SOMETHING MADE
BY HER HANDS! IT SITS ON THE LAP OF MY
LARGEST ANTIQUE BEAR.


I THINK HE LOVES HOLDING IT!


I MADE ANOTHER BROWN BONNET TO
ADD TO MY BONNET DISPLAY IN THE
LIVING ROOM THE OTHER DAY. I NORMALLY
LIKE ODD NUMBERS IN COLLECTIONS
BUT I JUST FELT I NEEDED ANOTHER LARGER
BONNET HERE.


IT'S THE ONE ON THE FAR RIGHT. SOME OF
YOU MAY REMEMBER THE NEAT BROWN COTTONS I
BOUGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS AT A PRIMITIVE GATHERING
QUILT SHOP. I USED THE ONE WITH THE LITTLE DOTS.
IT'S A NICE SOFT BROWN.

I DUG OUT THE FOLKY APPLIQUED STAR
QUILT I HAD STARTED TO HAND QUILT
LAST SPRING AND HAVE BEEN WORKING ON THAT.
I HOPE TO GET IT DONE IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF
WEEKS. I AM OVER HALF DONE WITH THE HAND
QUILTING. I AM CONSIDERING HANGING IT
IN THE HALLWAY FOR A CHANGE THERE. I'VE
ALSO BEEN DOING ANOTHER SAMPLER FOR
THE GUEST BEDROOM. I HOPE TO HAVE MORE TO
SHOW IN THE NEAR FUTURE SO COME BACK AND
VISIT. UNTIL THEN.....LORI

17 comments:

Penny said...

Your new bonnet looks great -- what a nice collection! Looking forward to seeing more of your finished projects!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Lori ~
It's always a pleasure to stop by your blog. You always post such wonderful pictures. Thank you!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Tammy ~ A Primitive Place said...

Lori,
Everything looks wondeful!!
Love the pin keep, bonnets and that wonderful old bear!!!
I always enjoy seeing your photos.
Tam

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful pinkeep. I love the look of the old linen, but I cannot see to stitch on it, lol. I might be able to do small designs, so bought some to try.

Debbie

The Humble Stitcher said...

I always love to visit your blog, Lori! You are such an inspiration! I love the bonnets and the bears and the doll that I see in one of the pictures. Everything looks just right!

Mercy Otis/The Stone House said...

I Love the old bear, and I think you're right, he is happy to be holding the pinkeep!
I LOVE the new bonnet! Do you sale them? Or the patten?
Enjoy
Mercy

Courtney said...

What lovely decor you have in your home. The pinkeep is so quaint. I've been obsessed with pin cushions in general lately. It is also nice to get handmade things from friends!
Courtney

ann hermes said...

I always enjoy seeing pictures from your lovely home. You have a great knack for decoration!

My Primitive Creations by Tonya said...

That Bear is adorable.. Totally Love Bears!!
Have fun working on your Quilting!!

Blessings
Tonya

Green Creek Primitives said...

Hi Lori, I love the bears and the samplers. Your house is really nice. I have started collecting bonnets also, they give the room such a primitive feel. Vicky

primitivebettys said...

Fun pics & fun goodies for sure! :)

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lori~

Hope you are staying warm with all that snow!! Brrr!! Your home is so nice and cosy though, so I'm sure you and Zoe staying warm together! Love the new pictures and love the bonnet!! I've been looking for a good bonnet pattern...can you share the name of it with me?? Maybe it is yours??
Take care and thanks for sharing your inspiring creations!!
Blessings and Warm Hugs~~
Julie

HomeSpunPrims said...

Mercy and Julie,
I used a pattern I've had for several years from Hootin Annies called Nabby Jewett's Bonnet. Says 2003 on the pattern. I don't know if you can still get it or not. Lori

Rosemary said...

I look at your blog and pictures everyday! haha! So inspiring! Do you use patterns for all your quilts, or just make up your own designs? Love all the colors you choose :)

HomeSpunPrims said...

Rosemary,
Sometimes I do quilt patterns by others and sometimes I take inspiration from antique quilts and make up my own. Thanks so much for visiting!
Lori

Deb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deb said...

Love the bonnet! Could you inform me as to where u got the pattern or is it ur own. Thanks!