Friday, January 28, 2011

LUCINDA SAMPLER FINISHED


I AGED THE LUCINDA SAMPLER THIS MORNING.
I HAVE TO GET SOME FOAM CORE AND ORDER
A PINE FRAME FROM MY FRIEND BILL. IT'S AN UNUSUAL
SIZE SO I WILL GET AN UNFINISHED FRAME FROM BILL
AND PAINT IT.  I AM HAPPY WITH HOW IT TURNED OUT.


MY EBAY GROUP AAPG HAD A WINTER CHEER SWAP.
THESE ARE THE WONDERFUL ITEMS GIFTED TO ME
BY KATHY (woolfind ON EBAY)
THAT ARRIVED YESTERDAY. REBECCA (goodwool ON EBAY) 
DREW UP SEVERAL PATTERNS
WITH THE THEME SIMPLIFY AND WE COULD PICK
WHICHEVER ONE WE WANTED FOR OUR RECIPIENT.
KATHY STITCHED WOOL APPLIQUE FLOWERS
AND DID SOME X-STITCH FOR MINE.  THANK YOU
KATHY FOR ALL OF THE GOODIES!


HERE IS A CLOSE LOOK AT MY LITTLE PINKEEP
FROM KATHY STITCHED ON PRAIRIE CLOTH.


I HAD PAM'S NAME (ihook2 ON EBAY)
AND THESE ARE THE HAND~MADES I DID
FOR HER.  PAM LOVES TO DECORATE WITH
BLACK AND MUSTARD AND SHE COLLECTS
REDWARE (HMMM, A KINDRED SPIRIT)
SO I USED THOSE COLORS IN MY GIFTS.
THE SIMPLIFY PINKEEP IS A FREEBIE
PATTERN BY PRIMITIVEBETTY'S.


I'VE STARTED THE LAST OF MY NEW GROUPING
OF SAMPLERS FOR THE BEDROOM.  IT'S A
STACY NASH PATTERN.  I HOPE TO
HAVE SOME PROGRESS TO SHOW YOU IN
A COUPLE OF DAYS.  HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!
UNTIL NEXT TIME...LORI


11 comments:

Green Creek Primitives said...

Lori, You done a fantastic job on the sampler. I love the colors. Vicky

Penny said...

Love your Lucinda sampler! Is it your design -- and can the pattern be ordered??? Just lovely.
Such beautiful gifts, too!

HomeSpunPrims said...

Penny,
It's not really all my design. I used an antique sampler for inspiration. I'm afraid I don't do patterns. I just did it for my own use and didn't chart it. Sorry. Lori

Penny said...

Thanks for letting me know, Lori! You do fantastic work -- and you could probably sell tons of patterns of your great work. Have a nice weekend! Penny

WoolenSails said...

Beautiful sampler and I love the goodies that Kathy sent you, very beautiful pieces.

Debbie

Myglorystars said...

Oh :ori I love your sampler!! I love everything you make you are an inspiration!!!

Sandy said...

Everything is so beautiful!

primitivebettys said...

That is one awesome stash of goodies! WOWSERS! It is really all so great! :)

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

Your sampler is wonderful - maybe you should consider producing the pattern - I love it!

Your other goodies are wonderful, too!

Roberta said...

Just cruising blogs this morning and found yours through someone elses...Beautiful and inspiring work. I'm sure your swap recipient was thrilled when she received your goodies. ~Roberta

from me to thee......... said...

your sampler is beautiful, just like everything you do. love the swap gifts, such fun to get something in the mail, smiles, Linda