Thursday, January 6, 2011

HERE WE GO AGAIN.....


YEP, MORE NEW CARPETING WAS INSTALLED YESTERDAY!
WE HAD DECIDED AFTER SEEING THE NEW BEDROOM
CARPETING THAT WE LIKED IT SO MUCH
WE WOULD HAVE THE SAME THING
INSTALLED IN THE LIVING ROOM AND
HALLWAY. PLUS THE OLD STUFF WAS GOING ON
15 YEARS OLD AND IT LOOKED TERRIBLE
IN THE HALLWAY WHERE IT RAN INTO OUR
NEW BEDROOM CARPETING.
SO WE MOVED EVERYTHING OUT ON MONDAY
AND TUESDAY AND THE NEW CARPET
WAS PUT IN ON WEDNESDAY. NOW I
HAVE TO TELL YOU IF YOU HAVEN'T
TRIED THOSE FURNITURE MOVING THINGIES,
YOU SHOULD NEXT TIME YOU NEED TO MOVE
SOMETHING BIG! BRIAN GOT SOME AT WALMART
AND THEY ARE VERY INEXPENSIVE. I WAS GOING
TO TAKE A PICTURE OF THEM BUT FORGOT!
ANYWAY, YOU CAN SLIDE ANYTHING ON CARPETING
WITH THOSE THINGS.  I HAVE FOUR BIG CUPBOARDS
IN THE LIVING ROOM AND IT WAS SO EASY TO MOVE THEM.


THE HALLWAY BEFORE. IT'S HARD TO TELL
CUZ IT WAS STILL DARK OUT WHEN I
TOOK THIS PIC BUT YOU CAN KINDA SEE
THE LINE WHERE THE GREY( WAS GREY
CARPETING WHEN NEW AND TURNED BLUE
OVER TIME) TOUCHES OUR NEW BEDROOM
CARPETING. EEWWWWW!


HALLWAY AFTER. AHHHHH YES, THAT'S BETTER! 


LIVING ROOM BEFORE. MORE EEWWWW!


LIVING ROOM AFTER. BRIAN HAD TO TAKE THE FLOOR
MOLDING OFF BECAUSE WE HAD ADDED THAT
AFTER THE OLD CARPETING WAS PUT IN.
HE HADN'T USED MANY NAILS SO IT WAS EASY
TO POP OFF AND PUT BACK UP.  HE DID THAT FIRST
THING WHEN HE GOT HOME LAST NIGHT AND THEN WE
STARTED MOVING THE CUPBOARDS BACK IN.



I LOVE HOW MY RUGS POP OFF THE NEW TAUPE
COLORED CARPETING.


SORRY THIS IS A BIT DARK BUT YOU
CAN SEE THE LIVING ROOM TOGETHER AGAIN.
I STILL HAVE TO PUT MY RUG HOOKING WOOL
BACK IN THE SCREENED PIE SAFE AND
 MY COTTONS IN THE PIESAFE IN THE HALLWAY.

SO THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN UP TO! I'VE BEEN TRYING
TO KEEP AT MY UPDATE OFFERINGS AS WELL AND
HOPE TO BE FINISHING UP QUITE A FEW THINGS
THE NEXT FEW DAYS. STILL HAVE MORE I'D
LIKE TO MAKE THO. UNTIL NEXT TIME....
LORI

14 comments:

primitivebettys said...

I know it is bad to say... but I'm jealous!! :) It looks so nice!

JulieF1962 said...

The new carpeting looks perfect, and I just love your decorating!

Janet - underthewillow said...

Hi Lori!...oh yes I know whatta chore this is believe me and aren't those furniture mover thingies the greatest?...they are a life saver!...and you can get little woolie socks for them to use on wooden floors too...we got ours at Home Depot...whatta great invention!...your new carpet looks wonderful...our bedroom needs it but we're still not over the chaos of having the wood put down to do anything like that anytime soon!...just have new vacuum bags on hand because new carpet likes to spit up fuzz balls! LOL

Janet

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Your new carpet looks great ~ bet you're loving it! And I agree ~ your decorating is very nice!

Gettysburg Homestead said...

ummm forget the carpet... LOL. I LOVE the decorating!!!! LOVE love love your hallway shot into the other room. I see quilts my favorite.

You are right your ruugs really do pop against the new carpet.

Mary

Prim2Pink said...

Everything looks so nice!
I like how you're using your fabric stash as part of your decorating.

Judy

Carmen at Primcats said...

It looks awesome!
Aren't those sliders the best. We have been using them for years and years. You can move anythign with them!

Carmen and the Primcats

Myglorystars said...

Beautiful Lori!!!, But than again I expected nothing else!! Your home is so amazing I love all you do!!! You are such an inspiration to me!!! Thank you!!

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Oh how nice it all looks and the new carpet does make your rugs just POP!

old crow said...

Lori, Your home looks beautiful!! Love your beautiful quilts and rugs!! Isn't new carpet the best!! Thank you for sharing your lovely home!!

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Lori~
The carpet looks so nice and really compliments everything!! All the hard work paid off with a beautiful end result!! Thanks too for stopping by my blog and complimenting my hubby!! He really smiled when he read your comment!!
Thank you from both of us!!

Blessings~~
Julie

Angie Berry said...

It's beautiful Lori! It looks so soft and warm. Do you just want to lay down and roll around on it? Hehe

the Garden Register said...

Your home is great! I come back here for inspiration often. May I ask where you buy your wool? I am looking for wool for a table runner and would appreciate any recommendations you might offer. The local quilt store has a limited amount of wool. Thank you!

HomeSpunPrims said...

I get most of my wools from Rebecca Erb of The Wool Studio.