Sunday, December 12, 2010

WINTER STORM AND SOME FUN STUFF


THIS WAS MISS ZOE THE OTHER DAY. FOR
SOME STRANGE REASON SHE DECIDED TO TAKE
A NAP UNDER THE CHRISTMAS TREE! SHE IS
COZY ON MY ANGEL TREE SKIRT.


BRIAN AND I TOOK A LITTLE TRIP TO GREEN BAY/APPLETON,WI
AREA ON FRIDAY AND SATURDAY. WE TOOK
SEPARATE CARS TO HAVE THEM BOTH
WORKED ON. I WENT ON AHEAD AND DID
SOME SHOPPING AT MY FAVORITE SHOPS.
BRIAN AND ZOE FOLLOWED AND I HOOKED UP
WITH THEM LATER.
ABOVE ARE SOME GOODIES I BOUGHT AT
PRIMITIVE GATHERINGS QUILT SHOP IN MENASHA, WI.
THE BLUES AND BROWNS ARE WONDERFUL
AND I GOT THE GRAYISH GREEN HOMESPUNS FOR
FOR QUILTS I HOPE TO GET TO. I'M THINKING
APPLIQUE STEMS FOR FLOWERS OR TREES ETC.
THE PN PATTERN IS BY SHAWN WILLIAMS OF
THREADS THAT BIND. THEY HAD A SAMPLE OF IT
DONE UP AND IT'S VERY NEAT. I LOVE THE WAY SHE
FINISHES OFF THE EDGE WITH WOOL SO I PLAN
TO GIVE THAT A TRY.  IT'S A HUG PN PIECE.
ALTHOUGH I LOVE THE COLORS IN THE MODEL, I
MAY TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT WHEN I DO IT.
GOT A FEW OTHER LITTLE ODDS AND ENDS THERE AS WELL.


STOPPED AT MY FAVORITE PRIMITIVE DECORATING
SHOP TO SEE IT ALL DECKED OUT FOR THE SEASON. I'VE SAID
IT BEFORE, JUDY IS THE SWEETEST SHOP OWNER
I'VE EVER MET! I PICKED UP THE LATEST JUDY CONDON
BOOK AND THE 2011 PURE AND SIMPLE
CALENDAR. I ALSO PICKED UP A FEW ARTIFICIAL GREENS
AND SOME SILVER STRUNG BEADS FOR OUR MAIN
TREE. THEY ARE AGED AND LOOK SO COOL! JUDY HAD
THEM ON A TREE IN THE SHOP AND OH THEY LOOKED
SO NEAT I JUST HAD TO TRY IT!!


WE KNEW SNOW WAS COMING AND I WAS HOPING
WE COULD GET HOME BEFORE IT GOT BAD
BUT WE ENDED UP IN THE MIDDLE OF IT
FOR 3 OF THE FOUR HOUR DRIVE HOME.
I WAS EVER SO HAPPY TO PULL INTO OUR
DRIVEWAY YESTERDAY!!  THEN WE BEGAN
SNOW CLEAN UP!  BRIAN BLEW THE DRIVEWAY
AND DOG RUN PATHS FOR ZOE IN THE BACK
YARD AND I DID THE DECK AND STEPS.
OUR HOUSE IS BUILT INTO A HILL SO THERE ARE
SEVERAL STEPS OFF THE END OF THE DECK
DOWN TO THE DRIVEWAY. WE ARE STILL GETTING
SOME SNOW TODAY.  MUST BE AT LEAST A
FOOT OUT THERE.  OUR FIRST GOOD STORM THIS YEAR.


OUT ON THE MAILBOX UNDER THE SNOW I SPOTTED
A BOX FROM MY DEAR FRIEND MARIA BARTON
OF STAR RUG COMPANY.  I HAD ORDERED
HER SANTA & REINDEER RUG FROM
HER CYBER MONDAY SALE. I LOVED
THE WOOL SHE USED ON HER DEER
IN THE SMALLER VERSION SHE DID FOR HER
GIVEAWAY AND HAD ASKED FOR A YARD. I HAD
EXPECTED TO PAY FOR IT BUT GENEROUS SOUL
SHE IS, SHE GIFTED IT TO ME. SHE SAID
SHE WOULD PUT A LITTLE SOMETHING EXTRA
IN EVERYONE'S ORDER BUT I SURELY DIDN'T EXPECT
A WHOLE YARD OF WONDERFUL WOOL! THANK
YOU SO MUCH MARIA!! I AM WORKING ON
FINISHING UP SOME GIFTS AND THEN I
PLAN TO HOOK UP MY SANTA.  IN OUR HOME WE
CELEBRATE CHRIST
AND WHAT HE MEANS TO EACH OF US. IT'S 
NOT ABOUT SANTA AND WHAT GIFTS HE CAN BRING
BUT THIS RUG IS A VERSION OF AN ANTIQUE
RUG THAT HAS TUGGED AT MY HEARTSTRINGS AND 
I FINALLY CAVED AND BOUGHT IT. PERHAPS
IT REMINDS ME OF MY CHILDHOOD
CHRISTMASES. OH, I  CAN'T
SHOW YOU THE GIFTS I'M MAKING BECAUSE
BOTH OF MY FRIENDS LOOK ON HERE SO
I WILL HAVE TO SHOW YOU AFTER THEY ARE
GIVEN.

THIS IS ONE I CAN SHOW THO. WE HAD A CHRISTMAS
SWAP ON MY EBAY GROUP AAPG AND I GOT
KATHY'S NAME. DEIRDRE DREW UP
TWO DESIGNS FOR US TO PICK FROM. ONE
IS A CAT AND ONE THIS SHEEP. THIS IS WHAT
I DID FOR KATHY ALONG WITH SOME OTHER
GOODIES.  I DID ALL OF THE PUNCHING AND
THEN FLIPPED IT OVER AND HOOKED THE SHEEP'S
BODY WITH YARN AND A TINY HOOK. IT'S NOT
A VERY GOOD PICTURE BUT YOU CAN SEE
SOME BETTER ONES ON KATHY'S BLOG.


THESE ARE MY WONDERFUL GIFTS FROM
REBECCA! SHE DID THE SHEEP DESIGN FOR
ME TOO IN MY FAVORITE BLUES AND BROWNS
AND MADE IT INTO A PINKEEP. I LOVE IT!
SHE ALSO HOOKED ME A SPECIAL STAR MAT
WHICH IS PERFECT FOR OUR HOME. AND SHE
GAVE ME SOME OTHER FUN GOODIES AS YOU CAN SEE!



THAT'S ALL MY NEWS FOR NOW. I
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY.
UNTIL NEXT TIME....LORI

9 comments:

primitivebettys said...

I'm glad you both made it home safely. Zoe is darling! Your new buys & all handdids are just wonderful! And ya know... you made me have to go do some shopping! I just bought that calendar online... and another JC book! :)

moosecraft said...

I think Zoe has a great idea! :-) So glad you and Brian got home safe! Snow is so pretty.... but not fun to drive in. Love all the treasures you found at your favorite shops! Looking forward to seeing that punchneedle all done up! The wool edge teaser has me intrigued!

kelley said...

That Zoe sure knows how to get comfy...sweet as always...

Glad you're home safe and sound...your weather is heading my way and I'm not looking forward to driving to and from work the next few days...

I want to go shopping where you shop!!!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Lori ~
The snow has made it here to Northern Ohio. It is supposed to be a nasty few days. I'm just hoping we don't get as much as they are predicting.
Love all your swap goodies. I admired your pn piece on Kathy's blog.
I can't wait to see your Santa rug all done. I'm sure it won't take you long. I love that rug!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Gayle said...

Lucky YOU with all that fresh snow! I'm getting desparate for some of that white stuff here in Utah - hoping it will arrive in time for Christmas!

cottageprims said...

Zoe was the best present you could find under the tree..Love the hooked sheep.Warm Blessings!~Amy

WoolenSails said...

I love that fabric, really nice and prim.
Great finds and wonderful goodies.

Debbie

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Zoe is adorable. We decided it was a lil too dangerous for Pip out here so she went to live with a good friend of ours that has a 10 year old lil girl. Glad you made it home safely.

Angie Berry said...

My schnauzer's favorite place to lay is under the tree on the skirt. But now it is covered in presents and he isn't very happy about it. Although, he sure is sniffing the presents... he must be smelling the treats we wrapped up for him, hehe!

Sounds like you had a good day of shopping until the bad weather hit. Glad you made it home.

I love the way you reversed the sheep, it is very cute! You received some wonderful goodies also.