Sunday, December 26, 2010

THE DAY AFTER...


WE HAD A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS. I
HOPE YOU DID TOO. BRIAN GOT CALLED OUT
FOR 3 HOURS IN THE AFTERNOON. HE
SETS UP AND MAINTAINS COMPUTERS AND
A SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT HAD AN EMERGENCY.
IT WAS FINE THO. I GOT SOME THINGS DONE WHILE
HE WAS GONE. ABOVE IS ZOE OPENING ONE
OF HER GIFTS. SHE REALLY GOT INTO THE PAPER
TO GET AT IT!!


ZOE HELPING DADDY OPEN ONE OF HIS GIFTS.


PLAYING WITH ONE OF HER NEW TOYS.
A DOGGY WITH A BIG HEAD. SHE ALSO GOT
A MOOSE. THEY BOTH HAVE SQUEAKERS.
SHE LOVES SQUEAKER TOYS.


ALL TUCKERED OUT AFTER PLAYING WITH
HER NEW TOYS. TIME FOR A LITTLE NAP!


LAST THURSDAY MY FRIEND KATHY AND I
HAD OUR GIFT EXCHANGE. SHE MADE ME FOUR
WONDERFUL GIFTS. ABOVE IS A SAMPLER SHE
STITCHED AND MADE INTO A PILLOW. I LOVE
IT!!!!  IT'S IN BROWNS AND BLUES SO IS PERFECT
IN THE BROWN/BLUE BEDROOM. I BELIEVE IT'S A
REPRODUCTION OF AN ANTIQUE SAMPLER.


SHE MADE ME THIS PINS PINKEEP FROM
A MAGGIE B BOOK.


ALSO THIS X~STITCH FROM A JENNY HOFFMAN PATTERN.


AND THEN THIS BEAUTIFUL CONE HANGER. 
A PATTERN FROM THE QUILTED CROW.
IT'S ALL OUT OF WOOL
 AND LINED WITH HOMESPUN.
I ADDED SOME OF MY CLOTH CANDY
CANES.



KATHY REALLY SPOILED ME! THANK YOU DEAR
FRIEND FOR ALL THE TIME AND LOVE YOU
PUT INTO EACH STITCH. I WILL TREASURE EACH
PIECE FOREVER.


THIS IS A LARGE PUNCH NEEDLE I DID FOR KATHY.
IT'S A MAGGIE B DESIGN TOO. I ALSO GAVE
HER THE SANTA/REINDEER RUG PATTERN
LIKE I JUST HOOKED FOR MYSELF. I THINK
SHE WAS THRILLED WITH THAT BUT SHE ASKED
ME IF I WOULD HOOK HERS WHILE LOOKING
AT MINE AND I DECLINED! THEN SHE ASKED IF
SHE COULD TAKE MINE HOME TO LOOK AT WHILE
SHE HOOKED HERS. I DECLINED AGAIN!! LOL
UNTIL NEXT TIME......LORI

12 comments:

primitivebettys said...

Oh so sweet! Zoe reminds me of Ralphie's little brother on "A Christmas Story" movie... sleeping after opening all the gifts! :)

Your goodies are most wonderful! You know how much I love Maggie B's stuff... and yours too! Awesome!

Smiles,

Betty

Mindy/Raymond Homestead said...

Wow, you had some really neat gift exchanges! Love the Maggie patterns! Looks like Zoe enjoyed her gifts, too cute!

old crow said...

Wow Lori, such beautiful gift exchanges!! Two very talented artists, so lovely!! Thank you for sharing!!

Janet - underthewillow said...

oh my goodness what beautiful handmades!

Janet

Joanne said...

Lori - what wonderful treasures from your friend and what a great PN you did! Love it!

That Zoe is too cute - that pic of her nap is the sweetest!

Nan ~ Threadwork Primitives said...

Zoe is such a sweetie. Just too cute with her toys. I love all the hand mades your friend gifted you with and the rug you gave her is gorgeous. Great pattern and colors.
Merry Christmas to you.
~Nan

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

OH I love the goodies you received..they are wonderful.Zoe looks like she has fun opening and playing with her presents..Santa brought toys for everyone too..but our dog seemed the most appreciative of them..he is still carrying around his squeaky toy..he loves it.:)

carole said...

Lori,
Kathy made you some wonderful things; I love the sampler. Zoe is always the hit of your site too! Loved her red bows and scarf with the little bone on it yesterday. Carole

Rugs and Pugs said...

Lori ~
I'm glad you had such a wonderful Christmas. Zoe is just too cute.
What wonderful gifts you and Kathy exchanged!
Hugs :)
Lauren

ann hermes said...

What beautiful gifts you received. Happy New Year!

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Such beautiful gifts you received. The needle punch is wonderful. Zoe is adorable and such a great pic of her all tuckered out!

Angie Berry said...

Aw, Zoe had a good Christmas! Such a darling picture of her sleeping.

What neat gifts you and Kathy exchanged! Lots of love poured into each piece.