Tuesday, October 26, 2010

HOME IMPROVEMENTS

I THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE THE HOME IMPROVEMENTS
WE'VE BEEN WORKING ON THE PAST COUPLE OF MONTHS.
WE HAD NEW WINDOWS INSTALLED IN BOTH BEDROOMS AND THEN
I FINISHED THEM. WE PLAN TO HAVE NEW CARPETING INSTALLED IN
BOTH BEDROOMS ALSO BUT BEFORE WE DO THAT I WANTED TO PAINT OUR BEDROOM WALLS AND CEILING AND WE WERE ABLE TO GET THAT DONE RECENTLY. WE USED PITTSBURGH PAINT AND DID OUR
WALLS ONE SHADE LIGHTER THAN THE OTHER BEDROOM WHICH
WE PAINTED A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO. ON THE CEILINGS WE
DID MORE OF A CREAM THAN STARK WHITE FOR A SOFTER CONTRAST.
I LOVE HOW BOTH ROOMS LOOK. THEY ARE SO WARM AND
COZY FEELING. I DON'T HAVE WINDOW TREATMENTS UP YET
IN EITHER BEDROOM AND IN OUR ROOM I HAVEN'T PUT
THE RACK BACK ON THE WALL THAT I HANG QUILTS ON. MAYBE TODAY
WHEN BRIAN GETS HOME WE CAN GET THAT DONE. DID YOU
NOTICE WE MOVED THE BED TO THE END WALL FOR A CHANGE?
IT SEEMS TO MAKE THE ROOM LOOK BIGGER. I LIKE HOW IT
LOOKS BUT NOT SURE WHEN WE GET THE RACK UP HOW THE BED
WILL LOOK. THE RACK IS NOT CENTERED ON THE WALL BECAUSE
WE HAD TO ANCHOR IT WHERE THE STUDS ARE SO IT
MAY LOOK FUNNY BUT WE SHALL SEE. BTW, YOU PROBABLY
CAN'T TELL BUT THERE IS A LITTLE BUMP UNDER THE QUILT UP NEAR
THE PILLOWS AND THAT IS MY ZOE GIRL! SHE LOVES TO GET UNDER THERE WHEN I MAKE THE BED EVERY MORNING AND WILL STAY
FOR HOURS!! FUNNY GIRL.

ABOVE IS THE CARPET SAMPLE I AM CONSIDERING FOR BOTH BEDROOMS.
WE WILL BE ORDERING SOON. THE CARPET LAYER GUY IS COMING THIS
FRIDAY TO MEASURE FOR US. THE CARPETING IN BOTH BEDROOMS
IS 25 YEARS OLD AND I AM MORE THAN READY FOR A CHANGE. I CAN'T WAIT! I THINK MY HOOKED RUGS WILL SHOW UP NICELY ON THIS CARPET. IT'S PLAIN AND SIMPLE IN SORT OF A TAUPE BROWN.
IT'S A SHAW CARPETING. THE COLOR IS CALLED DRIED OAK.

THESE ARE THE PAINT CHIPS FOR THE BEDROOMS. MAYBE IT
WILL HELP TO PICTURE THE DIFFERENCE IN THE SHADES.
I KNOW MONITORS AND LIGHTING WITH THE FLASH ON THE CAMERA
MAKES THEM LOOK DIFFERENT BUT AT LEAST YOU GET THE IDEA.
COBBLESTONE IS WHAT WE JUST PUT IN OUR ROOM AND
CHIPMUNK IS THE OTHER BEDROOM. BOTH FROM PITTSBURGH PAINTS.

I FINISHED QUILTING THE BLUE & BROWN ONE PATCH FOR THE
GUEST BEDROOM. I'VE USED A DARK BROWN PRINT FOR THE BINDING. HERE IT IS HANGING ABOVE THE LITTLE
ANTIQUE DRESSES I'VE COLLECTED. I'M GLAD I DID IT. I THINK
IT'S A NICE TOUCH ABOVE THE DRESSES. WHAT DO YOU THINK?

BRIAN AND I WOULD LIKE TO THANK EACH ONE WHO LEFT
A COMMENT ON THE POST ABOUT MOTHER RIPPEY.
WE APPRECIATE MORE THAN WE CAN SAY YOUR
THOUGHTFULNESS AND PRAYERS ON OUR BEHALF.
WE WILL BE DRIVING TO MISSOURI NEXT WEEK FOR A MEMORIAL SERVICE PLANNED FOR NEXT WEEKEND. TWO OF BRIAN'S SISTERS LIVE
OUT WEST AND WILL BE FLYING IN. UNTIL NEXT TIME....LORI


17 comments:

Lori said...

I love the one patch by the little dresses!! What an adorable guest room that looks so comfortable and fun to offer to your visitors.

JulieF1962 said...

You are really, really good at decorating!

primitivebettys said...

Oh Lori! It is all so very very very nice! The blue on the one patch & dresses really POPS!

Oh, and Zoe... goodness how I would love to have a puppy like her. Brownie is a handsome brute, but a cute cuddly pup running around the house would be great!

Doris said...

Wow!! What beautiful colors and so warm and cozy. I need to just throw everything out and start over! You have really inspired me to do some redecorating. The brown & blue quilt and dresses are just adorable. Love your results.

Linda ★ Parker's Paradise said...

I love the browns and blues together. And I love the little quilt you framed. It is, indeed, a warm and welcoming room.
★Linda★

Joanne said...

I was going to day what Doris says - it's really warm, prim and cozy! Lots of work but you sure nailed it! Love it!

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Lori~
I LOVE all the lovely changes and the blues and browns are so wonderful together!! The paint colors are so warm and as you said, they will be a wonderful backdrop for all your other colors!

I always love all your pictures and am inspired to do some changing as well as creating!!

I'm sorry you missed my Giveaway, but thankyou for the compliment and hopefully you can enter the next one! I know I will be entering yours too!!

I hope you have a safe trip out west for your MIL's service and am sorry again for your loss!

Blessings~
Julie

primlin56 said...

wow...love your rooms and the colors you chose...i want to see the carpet when you get it in...i love the carpet...just perfect...i want new carpet in all my rooms too...

WoolenSails said...

I love the way you decorate and the colors, looks so warm and cozy. I like how you did the bucket bench, nice idea.

Debbie

Gayle said...

Lori - I love that you have so many of your hooked rugs on the floor of your bedroom. And the way you layer and display your quilts is perfect!

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

love the warm and inviting colors on your walls..it really makes everything so much cozier and makes your items pop too..:)

Janet - underthewillow said...

everything is looking good Lori!...I love a freshly painted room and won't it be nice to have new carpet!

Janet

carole said...

Lori,Your bedroom is looking great. Love the new wall color. Your Spools and Basket rugs are two of my favorites. Carole

Rugs and Pugs said...

Lori ~
Very nice! Why don't you share the rugs you have on your bedroom floor with your blog buddies? I'd love to see more of them.
That little one patch is too cute. Makes me want to try quilting even though I don't have enough time for my hooking, punching and cross stitch.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

It all looks so very nice. You sure have a knack for decorating. All your hooked rugs and quilts go so well together....just awesome!

Beth At Mehitable Puddington's Cupboard said...

Wow, you have been busy! It sounds like you are really enjoying the process, your pleasure shines through your entry.

You have a great eye for color ( something I wish I had ) and design. You're making a lovely home. Thanks so much for sharing this with us.

Pom Pom said...

Oh your house is cozy and elegant! This post is a visual treat! Thank you!