Thursday, October 14, 2010

AUTUMN IN GRUNDY CO SAMPLER

I JUST FINISHED STITCHING THIS PATTERN BY JEN OF TAYLOR'S
FARMHOUSE ATTIC. I JUST LOVE THIS SAMPLER! IT WAS SO MUCH
FUN TO STITCH. I USED A DYED 32 COUNT LINEN.
I WILL HAVE MY FRIEND BILL MAKE
A FRAME FOR ME. NEXT I PLAN TO HOOK A FALL RUG BY MY
FRIEND MARIA BARTON OF STAR RUG COMPANY FOR MYSELF.
I DIDN'T DO TOO MUCH OUTSIDE BUT THOUGHT
I'D SHARE A LITTLE SPOT UNDER THE KITCHEN WINDOW.
BRIAN AND I FASHIONED THIS FENCE IN EARLY
SUMMER TO KEEP THE DEER FROM EATING THE FLOWER
PLANTS MY SISTER LOIS SO LOVINGLY PLANTED FOR
ME FROM HER OWN FLOWER GARDENS A COUPLE OF YEARS
AGO. I HAD NOT BEEN ABLE TO ENJOY THEM AS THE
DEER WOULD FEAST ON THEM AT NIGHT. THIS
LITTLE FENCE DID THE TRICK. I HAVE MOST OF
THEM CUT BACK NOW FOR WINTER. I LET THE WOOD
AGE OVER THE SUMMER ON THE FENCE
AND NOW IT LOOKS JUST THE WAY
I LIKE! I HAND PAINTED THE SIGN USING SOME WOOD
FROM A RECENT REDO AROUND OUR HOUSE. OUR FRIEND
DID SOME PAINTING FOR US UP HIGH ON THE ENDS OF THE
HOUSE. HE REPLACED SOME BOARDS BUT WHEN I SAW
THE OLD BOARDS I ASKED HIM TO CUT THEM INTO SECTIONS
FOR ME SO I COULD MAKE SOME SIGNS FOR OUTSIDE. SO FAR
THIS IS THE ONLY ONE I GOT DONE. THE CROWS
WERE DESIGNED BY MY SISTER LOIS AND GIFTED TO ME
FOR MY BIRTHDAY THIS YEAR. SHE HAD A FRIEND CUT
THEM OUT OF METAL. I LOVE THEM! I WAS GOING TO
GET A MUM PLANT FOR THE RUSTY BUCKET BUT
NEVER GOT AROUND TO IT. THE DEER WOULD EAT
IT ANYWAY! TILL NEXT TIME.....LORI

10 comments:

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lori~

The sampler is lovely...as are all of your works! Such a sweet design and I LOVE the color!!
I also love your little fenced area and all the special touches...the crows, bucket and sign! Simple treasures!!
Please be sure to stop by for a Giveaway I am having when you get the chance!

Blessings~
Julie

taylors*farmhouse*attic said...

Oh, Lori!...It is beautiful!!!I love it!!I need to get started on a Christmas one now that I'm finished with orders...Thank you for posting a picture!!

I love your little fence and crows! We had something eating our hostas this year right after we planted them.UGH!

Have a great week!!~~hugs,Jen

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Your sampler turned out very nice. The little fenced display looks super.

Lori said...

I completely understand about the deer. They are rather annoying when it comes to trying to grow something they won't eat!
Your little fenced area is adorable!!
Your little cross stitch is wonderful!!

Jennifer @ Stitchin' Thyme said...

Hi Lori - I love the little fence. Those deer are funny critters, I try to plant things they are supposed to not like but I think they learn to like them. I love your little view under the window and the cross stich is awesome.

WoolenSails said...

That is a wonderful sampler and you did a beautiful job on it.

Debbie

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

I love the prim sampler you did..it is wonderful..and I love that little autumn scene with the weathered fence..love your sign too..;)

moosecraft said...

The Grundy Sampler stitched up great! I really like that design! Love the garden space you set up! So glad you found a solution to your deer problem.

primitivebettys said...

Harvest Goode Things - you do that for sure! Lovely goodies. Your sampler is just beautiful. Now... lets see the rug. ;)

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Awesome sampler!! Can't wait to see the hooked piece you will be doing :)