Saturday, October 2, 2010

ANTIQUE BASKETS

I WAS ASKED ABOUT THE BASKET QUILT BEHIND MY
PUMPKINHEAD DOLL IN A PREVIOUS POST
SO THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE SOME PICTURES THIS MORNING.
IT'S BASED ON AN OLD TRADITIONAL PATTERN WHERE THERE
WOULD BE FOUR OF THEM IN A BLOCK. I'VE TAKE ONE
AND SET IT ON POINT.
HERE'S A CLOSER LOOK

THIS IS ANOTHER COLOR WAY OF THE SAME QUILT
I DID A FEW MONTHS AGO. I STILL HAVE TO HAND
QUILT THIS ONE. LOVE THOSE BLUES AND BROWNS!

A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL WHO VISITED MY PICTURETRAIL
YESTERDAY FOR MY UPDATE. I SO APPRECIATE YOU
TAKING THE TIME TO STOP BY AND/OR PURCHASE FROM ME.

HAVE A GLORIOUS WEEKEND EVERYONE. BRIAN STARTED
OUT FIRST THING THIS MORNING BY HITTING A DEER WITH HIS CAR!
THE BLESSING IS IT'S DRIVABLE AND FIXABLE AND BRIAN WASN'T HURT.
COUNTING MY BLESSINGS.....LORI



7 comments:

my3Kitties said...

Thanks so much for sharing your quilt with us, I just love it!! I'll have to try making one myself some day. I don't do allot of little quilts, but i think that would be allot of fun. The colors are great in both! Tammy

moosecraft said...

What a beautiful quilt! You certainly have made many of us love the blue and brown combo! ;-) My favorite quilt that you have made had pumpkins in it... it had sold last year before I could get to the pt update! LOL! Sorry that Brian had to start the day with such a scare! Good thing he wasn't hurt and the car is fixable...

Jan said...

I love both versions, and the quilting on the 1st one is very nice.

kelley said...

Glad that Brian is okay after the deer accident...they are so hard to miss when they coming flying across the road...

Love both the quilts...what is it about baskets...

Dorothy said...

Your Baskets quilts are lovely.
I saw a Primitive Star dolls quilt, somewhere. Any idea where I can get a pattern for the primitive star block?

Lori said...

Dorothy,
My friend Carole Collins sells a star doll quilt pattern. Look for her on picturetrail.com/theladyofthelake. I believe she has a link on her picturetrail for her website where she sells patterns. Lori

libbyquilter said...

oh i MUST make one of these someday (soon i hope)~!!~

:-)
libbyQ

p.s. regarding the deer accident. been there ~ done that and it's quite a scare. glad no one was hurt~!