Thursday, September 2, 2010

SMALL FALL HOOKED PIECES

THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE SOME OF MY SMALL HOOKED
PIECES I PUT OUT FOR FALL. WE DON'T HAVE A LAND
LINE PHONE ANYMORE SO I COVER THE PHONE JACK ON
THE WALL WITH THIS SMALL PUMPKIN RUG IN THE ABOVE PIC.
THIS LITTLE BEAUTY IS ONE OF MY VERY FAVORITE
FALL RUGS. HOOKED MY MY DEAR FRIEND
SHERRY KRISTOFF (AKA THE QUEEN). I PURCHASED
IT FROM SHERRY ON EBAY LAST FALL AND I HAPPEN
TO KNOW SHE IS HOOKING ANOTHER RIGHT THIS MINUTE!
SO CHECK OUT HER OFFERINGS ON EBAY. HER USER
NAME IS FROMSHERRYSHEART847.
THIS SWEET LITTLE PUMPKIN MAT WAS GIFTED TO ME
BY ONE OF MY GOOD FRIENDS HERE.
JAN DOESN'T HAVE A BLOG OR WEBSITE BUT HER
HOOKED RUGS ARE AWESOME! SHE HAS A GREAT EYE
FOR MAKING THEM LOOK OLD. SHE IS
A SWEET PERSON AND WONDERFUL INSPIRATION TO ME.
THE TOP CROW RUG I HOOKED USING A BUTTERMILK BASIN
CROW DESIGN AND JUST WINGED IT ( PARDON THE PUN)
WITH WOOLIE WORMS LEFT OVER FROM OTHER HOOKED PROJECTS.


THE BOTTOM ROW OF PUMPKINS RUG WAS PURCHASED.
I DON'T KNOW THE MAKER BUT I LOVED THE SIMPLICITY OF IT 
AND SHAPE OF THE PUMPKINS ON THIS LITTLE MAT.
THESE ARE SO COOL! MY DEAR FRIEND KELLEY BELFAST
GIFTED ME THESE FOUR HOOKED PUMPKINS. THEY ARE
BACKED WITH WOOL AND LIGHTLY STUFFED WITH
STICKS FOR STEMS. SHE USED FABULOUS SHADES
OF HER YUMMY OVER DYED WOOLS.
THESE ARE SOME OF MY FAVORITE FALL THINGS ALSO.
 BUT THESE ARE MY VERY FAVORITE TWO PUMPKINS!
FROM THE TIME ZOE WAS A TINY PUP
SHE LOVED TO LAY BEHIND US WHEN SITTING ON
THE COUCH.  USUALLY SHE IS LOOKING OUT THE WINDOW
BUT SHE IS SNUGGLING SO CUTE ON BRIAN'S
SHOULDER I HAD TO SNAP A PICTURE.

HOPE YOU ARE HAVING A GREAT WEEK. IT'S COOLED OFF
HERE AND I HAVE SO MUCH MORE ENERGY FOR CREATING!
UNTIL NEXT TIME......LORI

14 comments:

my3Kitties said...

Thanks for sharing your wonderful pumpkin rugs! You have such a great collection, really puts me in the mood for fall!

moosecraft said...

They are all great! Now I have pumpkin fever!!! ;-)

Myglorystars said...

OOH AAH I love those hooked pieces, I want some!!! Darn I need to make things for myself!!! Thans for sharing Lori!!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Lori ~
They are all wonderful!!! I need to think about getting my fall stuff out, too.
Thanks for inspiring me.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Sandi said...

Oh, i love all of these fall pieces, they're wonderful!

Now I want to go and hooked something fall/halloween!

Sheila said...

Love all your fall stuff, I really need to get mine out too!

Are you coming to Malabar this year?

Sheila

Lori said...

Sheila,
No, I'm not going to make it to Malabar this year. I sure wish I was tho. Lori

Grammee Linda said...

What gorgeous hooked pieces!!

Calico Rabbit said...

These are just beautiful!
Thank you for sharing them!

I am inspired to go get my hook

Hugs,
Kerri

colonialhomestead said...

These are all so beautiful. I sure like the black crow the best.

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

ummm I love them all..:)

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Each and every pumpkin is just awesome.
Zoe and Brian are pretty cute, too!

A Fine Farmhouse said...

OH... What BEAUTIFUL Work you do, my dear !!!! Specially love the hooked creations ! You are so very talented..... Have fun !

Cotton Eyed Jo said...

Wonderful pumpkins in a beautiful home! :) Enjoy your wonderful weather! Jo