Tuesday, September 7, 2010

MORE RUGS AND PROOF OF FALL...

THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE RUGS. IT'S A LORI BRECHLIN
DESIGN ADAPTED FOR RUG HOOKING BY KRIS MILLER
OF SPRUCE RIDGE STUDIOS. I WAS INSPIRED BY
THE ONE PAT CROSS HOOKED AND LORI SHOWED
ON HER BLOG. THANK YOU FOR THE COLOR PALLET
INSPIRATION PAT! THIS RUG HANGS IN THE HALL.
ANOTHER OF LORI'S DESIGNS BY SPRUCE RIDGE STUDIOS.
HEX & FREX. NOT NECESSARILY A FALL RUG BUT
THAT'S WHEN I DISPLAY MINE. ANOTHER FUN RUG TO HOOK.
THIS IS AN EDYTH O'NEILL RUG PATTERN CALLED
OHIO COVERLET. YOU CAN PURCHASE EDYTH'S PATTERNS FROM
WOOLLEY FOX. I DID IT IN SHADES OF BLUES AND
PUMPKINS SO I PUT THIS ONE OUT FOR FALL TOO.
A BLACK PUMPKIN PILLOW I MADE FOR MYSELF LAST YEAR.
THIS FUN LITTLE RUG IS FROM A QUILT PATTERN BY
CHERI PAYNE THAT I ADAPTED TO A RUG. I SOLD
THIS ONE LAST YEAR. I LOVE THAT CAT AND PUMPKIN.
MAY HAVE TO THINK ABOUT HOOKING IT AGAIN!
OK, HERE IS THE PROOF I WAS TALKING ABOUT. THIS TREE
HAS BEEN TURNING SINCE AUGUST AND IS AT A
SCHOOL UP THE STREET WHERE ZOE AND I WALK EVERY
DAY.  JUST HAD TO SHOW THAT FALL REALLY IS
HERE IN OUR NECK OF THE WOODS. AND, OK, I
ADMIT IT.....I'VE STARTED TO GET MY FALL DECORATING
STUFF OUT AND PLAN TO DO MORE!

HOPE EVERYONE ENJOYED YOUR HOLIDAY WEEKEND.
HAVE A GREAT WEEK.  LORI

13 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

Lori ~
I absolutely LOVE all your rugs! I wish I could accomplish half that much and I'd be so very happy. Maybe in my next life I'll be a faster hooker :-)
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Joanne said...

Great Rugs Lori - love them all - love that cat and pumpkin! May have to look for that pattern!

Fall - you are lucky - it's 90 degrees here today - has been nice and not the heat moved back - and to think - i bought pumpkins yesterday!

primitivebettys said...

Oh isn't it just GREAT to see the changes of the season. It is especially nice this year because it has been so hot. Your rugs, all your works really, are just STUNNING! :)

Janet - underthewillow said...

they're wonderful Lori!...I especially love the cat and pumpkin!

Janet

Sandi said...

all of your rugs are beautiful, lori! i love them all; you sure have been busy, and productive too :)

moosecraft said...

All your rugs are beautiful, but I hafta say that Edyth O'Neil one is stunning! Love the colors you chose for that one! Summer came back here for a day or two... then our autumn air should return... nice to see that touch of red there!

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

Hi Lori!
must say that I so enjoy your posts...you are an amazing craftswoman and the love you have for handwork truly shows in your finishes ~ :)

Lori

Myglorystars said...

AWESOME!! LOVE IT ALL!!!!!

John'aLee said...

What amazing work. You are so talented!

Pat said...

WOW......I did a double take. At first I thought it was my rug! Great job. Wasn't hooking "Give Ye Thanks" fun?!
I love cyber rug shows!! Hooking day.....got to get busy!!
pat

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Love coming to your blog for all the beautfiul items you show. The rugs are gorgeous. You do beautiful work, and that tree, OH it is gorgeous. That is one part of Fall that truly takes my breath away. I love the changing of the leaves....

Lori said...

Pat,
Yes the "Thanks" rug was so fun to hook. I hope you don't mind I hooked mine so closely to what you did on yours. When I saw your rug it took my breath away and I knew I had to use those colors

Thank you everyone for your kind words about my rugs.

Lori

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

Lori I am in love with the Give thanks one..oh my goodness I am in love..do you sell your work?