Saturday, September 11, 2010

ANOTHER LITTLE QUILT INSPIRATION

THIS SWEET LITTLE ANTIQUE DOLL QUILT INSPIRED ME
TO MAKE ONE AS CLOSELY AS I
COULD WITH REPRODUCTION FABRICS.
THIS IS MY INTERPRETATION OF THE ANTIQUE ONE.
I'VE MACHINE PIECED AND HAND QUILTED IT.
IT'S LONG AND NARROW.  A FUN SIZE.
I DECIDED TO DO ANOTHER USING ALL BROWNS AND BLUES
FOR IN THE BROWN BEDROOM. (THANKS FOR THE INPUT GWENDOLYN)
IT WILL GO OVER THE PEG RACK WITH THE LITTLE BLUE
DRESSES I HAVE ON THE ONE WALL. I HAVE YET TO
QUILT IT BUT WILL GET TO IT SOON I HOPE. I HAVE MORE
FALL GOODIES TO MAKE FIRST! PLEASE CHECK BACK HERE
ON MY BLOG AS I WILL HAVE A FUN FREE GIVEAWAY
VERY SOON. UNTIL NEXT TIME......LORI

15 comments:

Karen said...

I love them both, Lori! will you post a photo of the brown one once it is quilted and hanging on the peg rack? I'd love to see.
smiles
Karen

Lori said...

Yes I will Karen. It may not be till some time in October tho. Lori

moosecraft said...

Sweet! Those are both gorgeous!

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

These are both so lovely Lori, but I am really drawn to the brown one....so rich with lovely Autumn colors!! You always do such beautiful work!!

I will certainly be checking back about your Giveaway too!!! How exciting!!

Thanks for sharing your wonderful work!
Blessings~

Julie

Gayle said...

Adorable! And I'll bet they worked up pretty quickly! Are they made with 1" squares? Maybe I'll make one for myself!

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

I love em!!

Meredith said...

Very Cute love the brown

Lori said...

Gayle,
I cut the squares 2-1/2". Outside borders are cut 2-1/2" wide and the top and bottom borders are cut 1-3/4" wide.
Lori

libbyquilter said...

simple and sweet~!!~my favorite kind of little quilt~!

:-)
libbyQ

Bobbie said...

I love those browns and blues, Lori! I have so much fabric...I wished I lived closer then you could teach me how to quilt! I need a couple more for my "Rippey" corner!

Bobbie

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

I always enjoy looking at your little quilts they have such wonderful color combinations. You do a great job capturing the antique look!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Lori ~
You are SO TALENTED!!! They are both so sweet. And that antique inspiration ~ WOW!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Adorable! Love the fabrics and color combinations. They look so vintage! Thanks for sharing, Carolyn

WoolenSails said...

I love the antique and your versions, beautiful reproductions.

Debbie

ann hermes said...

Love the little quilts. It's so much fun to use antique quilts for inspiration.