Monday, August 16, 2010

SOME FALL FINISHES

I LOVE THIS PATTERN BY JENNY OF COUNTRY RUSTIC PRIMITIVES!
FIRST I STITCHED THE FRAMED ONE ON
OSNABERG AND FRAMED IT. THEN I THOUGHT IT WOULD
BE FUN TO STITCH IT AGAIN ON PRAIRIE CLOTH
AND DO THE MOON AND PUMPKINS IN WOOL APPLIQUE.
I BACKED THE PILLOW WITH A NICE BROWN HOMESPUN PLAID
AND STUFFED IT WITH WOOL SNIPPETS. IT'S VERY LONG
BUT I LOVE HOW IT LOOKS. WOULD LOOK NEAT
ON A WIDER CHAIR OR BED.
I'M PLEASED WITH BOTH FINISHES.
HERE'S A CLOSER LOOK AT THE PILLOW USING
PRAIRIE CLOTH AND WOOL APPLIQUE. I DID X-STITCH THE STEMS
ON THE PUMPKINS.
SAME VIEW OF THE FRAMED PIECE USING OSNABERG.
BOTH OF THESE PIECES WILL BE OFFERED FOR SALE
AT SOME POINT. I'M NOT SURE YET IF IT WILL BE
ONLINE OR THE SHOW KATHY AND I WILL BE DOING
IN OCTOBER. SPEAKING OF OCTOBER......
HERE IS HOW THE PATTERN BY NOTFORGOTTEN FARM TURNED OUT.
I FINISHED IT LIKE I WOULD A QUILT. I PUT A THIN
COTTON BATTING IN BETWEEN AND THE CHECK HOMESPUN
I SHOWED IN THE PREVIOUS POST FOR THE BACK. THEN
I USED ANOTHER NICE FALL HOMESPUN TO
MAKE A CONTINUOUS BINDING AND FINISHED
IT LIKE A QUILT WITH MITERED CORNERS.
I ADDED A RUSTY PIN AND BELL.
ON THE BACK I ADDED AN OLD BONE COLORED
RING FOR THE HANGER.
THAT'S IT FOR TODAY. I HOPE YOU
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY. IT'S FINALLY TURNED VERY
COOL UP HERE AND I AM LOVING IT! WE HAD
49 DEGREES LAST NIGHT AND MY HOUSE ACTUALLY
FEELS COLD BUT I DON'T MIND A BIT! IT FEELS MORE
LIKE FALL THAN EVER AND I LOVE FALL SO BRING IT ON!!!
UNTIL NEXT TIME...LORI

10 comments:

Hillcresthome Prims said...

You sure do great work. I love fall time and I think alot of gals are ready to start decorating.

I just love your blog!!!

Blessings,
Tricia

Jennifer @ Stitchin' Thyme said...

Fanatastic!!! Love them!! I wish we could have some cool weather!

Nan ~ Threadwork Primitives said...

OMG...I just love your CRP pillow with the wool pumpkins. I now have to have that pattern and just love the idea of doing bits of wool here and there. Thanks so much for the inspirations. You do amazing work.
~Nan

moosecraft said...

I would love some 49 degree evenings here!!! I think last night was 70? Very muggy too... You're fall finishes are making me smile! They are all great!

Mindy said...

Love your projects! I really like the pillow!

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

love them all but the pillow is my favorite..love how the pumpkins just jump off the pillow..nice work..;)

Farm Field Primitives said...

They all look great. I LOVE the little pillow.....great job.
~Melissa~

primitivebettys said...

You works are always LOVELY!

WoolenSails said...

Beautiful pieces, love the fall colors.
I put up a new way that I hang my pieces, on my blog.

Debbie

edie said...

I was in need of an attitude adjustment, so just enjoyed the pictures of your home and the music, and I feel so much better now! Your work is so nice. Thanks for sharing and for helping me get into a better mood.