Thursday, August 5, 2010

PUNCHED PUMPKINS AND MORE FINDS

I'VE BEEN WORKING HARD ON LOTS OF FUN THINGS
TO OFFER FOR SALE. THESE ARE SOME PUNCH NEEDLE
PUMPKINS I FINISHED RECENTLY. I ATTACHED
THEM TO SOME NICE HOMESPUNS AND FRAMED THEM
IN BLACK PAINTED FRAMES. I LIKE HOW THEY
CAME OUT. I APPLIQUED TINY WOOL STEMS USING
A TINY BUTTON HOLE STITCH.
THEY ARE NOT AS BRIGHT AS THEY APPEAR.
I HAVE LOTS MORE TO MAKE AND WILL HAVE AN
UPDATE LATER THIS MONTH.
ZOE AND I TOOK A LITTLE TRIP THIS WEEK. 
THIS IS A NICE DULL BROWN CROCKERY JAR
I FOUND AT A GARAGE SALE. I LOVE THE SHAPE AND
SQUATINESS OF IT! (I DON'T THINK THAT'S A WORD BUT YOU
KNOW WHAT I MEAN!)
ALSO FOUND THIS SWEET LITTLE OLD FRAME AT AN
ANTIQUES PLACE. I COULD JUST SEE A LITTLE
SAMPLER IN IT. THE OPENING IS ONLY
2-3/4" X 5". THE FRAME HAS A NICE
PATINA. I'M NOT SURE WHAT I'LL STITCH UP
FOR MYSELF TO PUT IN IT. IT MAY JUST
BE A LITTLE MOTIF SAMPLER. I'M SURE IT WILL BE
FUN, WHATEVER I DECIDE.
AND LASTLY THIS IS WHAT MY SWEET ZOE
DID WHEN WE GOT TO YOUR DESTINATION! SHE WAS
TUCKERED RIGHT OUT!! I WAS STITCHING
AND SHE WAS CATCHING SOME ZZZZZZZZZ'S!!
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE. I HAVE
SO MUCH I WANT TO MAKE. I'M SURE
I WON'T BE ABLE TO DO IT ALL BUT I'M LOOKING FORWARD
TO HAVING SOME SPECIAL THINGS TO OFFER.
STAY TUNED.....LORI

8 comments:

moosecraft said...

LOL! That is one tired pup! I love the punkin's... especially the white one! You're always creating such wonderful goodies!

Dorothy said...

The photo of your dog put a smile on my face,put it in your memory box.

Gayle said...

Hi Lori - Couldn't you do your punching right on the plaid fabric? Then you wouldn't have to attach it later - just a thought.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Lori ~
I'm sure you will stitch the perfect little sampler for your frame.
The pic of your precious puppy is just too darned cute. Oh how they can steal our hearts!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

ann hermes said...

I love the framed pumpkins. You always make the cutest things.

Lori said...

Gayle,
Yes I could have punched right on the homespun but I wanted to use different ones for the background. I have a frame similar to a hooking frame for np and I could fit three on the fabric at one time so that's why I did them and then sewed them on my homespun.

Joanne said...

The pumpkins are great! Perfect in those frames. love your finds! Oh that Zoe is too cute - love that pose - she looks like she's oozed into comfort!

WoolenSails said...

The pumpkins look great on the homespun.
And Zoe looks quite comfortable.

Debbie