Sunday, July 25, 2010

WORKS DONE AND IN PROGRESS

I TOOK MY FRIEND SHERRY'S ADVICE AND ADDED A
TAIL TO THE CAT I MADE WITH BLACK PRAIRIE CLOTH.
I THINK HE DOES LOOK BETTER SO THANK YOU SHERRY!
HIS TAIL IS MADE FROM THE SAME BLACK HOMESPUN
I USED TO BACK THE CAT WITH. I STUFFED THE TAIL
FLATTER SO IT DOESN'T HIDE THE PUMPKIN.
DO YOU THINK THE TAIL HAS IMPROVED THE DESIGN?
ALSO BEEN STITCHING UP A STORM THE PAST COUPLE
OF WEEKS. HERE ARE SOME OF THE PATTERNS I'VE
STITCHED THAT AWAIT MAKING INTO PINKEEPS,
CUPBOARD HANGERS OR FRAMED PIECES.
THIS IS HOW MY PN SUNFLOWER TURNED OUT. IT LOOKS
BRIGHTER THAN IT DOES IN PERSON. I'VE BACKED IT WITH
BROWN HAND DYED WOOL AND WOOL YARN AROUND THE OUTSIDE.
I WHIPPED UP THIS HOOKED SUNFLOWER MAT TODAY FOR
AN ONLINE RETREAT WITH MY GROUP ON EBAY
AN AMERICAN PRIMITIVE GATHERING (AAPG).

HAVE LOTS MORE IDEAS OF THINGS TO MAKE BUT NOT
ENOUGH HOURS IN A DAY TO MAKE THEM ALL. I'LL
KEEP DOING WHAT I CAN THO AND WILL BE OFFERING
SOME THINGS LATE AUGUST ON MY PT ALONG WITH
A FEW EVERY DAY ITEMS.

HAVE A GREAT WEEK. LORI

10 comments:

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Lori, I really love your kitty and the tail is a nice finishing touch! I have also been making some cats too and have been having so much fun with them! Guess we are all thinking fall and halloween! I also love your stitcheries and your rug...so wonderful! Someday I will learn rug hooking and get back to stitching!! Thanks for the inspiration!!

Bobbie said...

Oh my goodness!! Lori..you have been busy! I thought it was quite a feat that I finished my small smapler this past week..but of course, I have yet to frame it! I love the cat and all of your little pincushions are lovely! Great job!

moosecraft said...

Wonderful pieces! I can't believe how many cross stitches you have finished! WOW! Tell us your secrets to speedy stitching... please! ;-) LOL!

Lori said...

Sharon,
Prairie cloth!

Lori

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

Lori ~ everything is wonderful!!
I LOVE your sunflower punch & hooked pieces...awesome!

can you tell us where you're getting your black prairie cloth from?? (pretty please?)

Blessed be,
Lori

Lori said...

Lori,
I got the black prairie cloth last fall from one of my favorite quilt shops called The Quilt Cottage in Hazelhurst, Wisconsin. Phone is: 715-358-7074

Lori

Kathy (woolfind) said...

I think the tail really adds to the piece! Love your sunflowers too. Your work is just great! I'd like to know too how you get sooo much done!

WoolenSails said...

You have been very busy and making a lot of wonderful pieces.

Debbie

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

Oh I love this kitty and the tail definitely added to it..I love!!! the other items you have made..they are wonderful..;)

Boggy Creek Primitives said...

I like the tail on the kitty too. All your offerings are wonderful!