Friday, July 16, 2010

SUNFLOWER AND PUMPKINS

I STARTED THIS BIG SUNFLOWER WITH TINY PUMPKINS PUNCH
NEEDLE DESIGN THE OTHER DAY. I'M USING ALL DMC FLOSS ON IT.
JUST HAVE TO FINISH
THE BACKGROUND AND THEN MAKE IT INTO
A MAT WITH WOOL BACKING. IT'S A DESIGN
BY MY FRIEND KELLEY THAT I'VE CHANGED UP JUST
A BIT. YOU CAN FIND IT IN HER BOOKLET EARLY HARVEST.
I WAS GOING TO MAKE IT RECTANGULAR BUT
THEN DESIDED TO DO THE TOMBSTONE TOP.

MY FRIEND SHERRY SUGGESTED THAT MY
CAT AND PUMKIN I SHOWED YOU
IN MY LAST POST NEEDED SOMETHING EXTRA
TO MAKE HIM LOOK MORE LIKE A CAT SO
I AM GOING TO ADD A TAIL WHEN I GET TIME.
I'LL SHOW HIM TO YOU AFTER I FIX HIM AND SEE WHAT
YOU THINK. HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND.  LORI

3 comments:

southern primgal said...

I love this, it is beautiful!!! I would love to learn how do do something like this :)

Bobbie said...

Love the colors, Lori! It's beautiful...makes me think of my favorite time of year!

my3Kitties said...

The colors are wonderful - even with just DMC threads!! You do great work! I wish I could do half as good as you!