Tuesday, July 13, 2010

MORE OF TINA'S SALTBOX & A PROJECT

HERE ARE A FEW MORE PICTURES OF TINA'S
WONDERFUL SALTBOX HOUSE.  THIS ANTIQUE
DESK IS IN THE KITCHEN.  IT LOOKS
LIKE IT WAS MEANT TO BE THERE IT FITS SO PERFECTLY.
ABOVE IT ARE TWO CROSS STITCH WORKS.
ONE BY TINA AND ONE BY SOMEONE ELSE. NOTICE
THE HOOKED MAT ON THE CHAIR SEAT. SUCH SWEET TOUCHES!
THIS ANTIQUE CUPBOARD IS ALSO IN THE KITCHEN. FILLED
WITH PIECES OF PEWTER AND OTHER GOODIES.
IT IS A GREAT OLD CUPBOARD AND ANOTHER PERFECT FIT.
THIS IS THE LIVING ROOM. MORE PERFECTION IN THIS
ROOM. TINA HAS SUCH A GOOD EYE FOR
PUTTING HER ROOMS TOGETHER. YOU CAN
SEE THE WALL CUPBOARD FILLED WITH TIN THINGS
IN THE BACKGROUND THAT WAS IN MY LAST POST.
ANOTHER ANGLE OF THE LIVING ROOM. LOVE THAT
BLACK CUPBOARD. TINA SAID IT IS AN ANTIQUE
CUPBOARD THAT HAD BEEN STRIPPED AND REPAINTED BY
SALLY WHIMS. YOU'D NEVER KNOW IT WAS REDONE.
TINA'S ANTIQUE SHEEP COLLECTION IN HER OLD BLACK
CUPBOARD. LOVE THOSE PANTRY BOXES ON THE TOP
SHELF TOO!
LASTLY HERE IS A LITTLE SOMETHING I CAME UP WITH YESTERDAY.
KATHY AND I DO A SHOW EVERY FALL AT HER HOME
FOR OUR FRIENDS AND THEIR FRIENDS. I AM TRYING
TO MAKE SOME NEW THINGS. I HAD SOME BLACK
PRAIRIE CLOTH AND WANTED TO COME UP WITH SOMETHING
I COULD DO WITH IT. SOOOO, THIS IS WHAT I THOUGHT OF.
I HAD WASHED AND DRIED IT SO IT SHRUNK A BIT
AND THE WEAVE TIGHTER THAN IF I HAD LEFT IT. I DREW
UP A CAT HEAD SHAPE AND THEN
I X-STITCHED THE WORDS AND APPLIQUED THE WOOL PUMPKIN
AND STEM ON WITH THE BUTTON HOLE STITCH.  YES, I KNOW
I SPELLED PUMPKIN WRONG BUT I DID THAT ON PURPOSE! LOL
I DID A BOX BOTTOM SO IT WOULD SIT NICELY AS A SHELF
SITTER. I PUT SOME UNSCENTED KITTY LITTER IN THE
THE BOTTOM TO WEIGHT IT AND THEN STUFFED IT WITH FIBERFIL.
I ENDED UP USING A PIECE OF MUSLIN ON THE BACK OF THE
BLACK PRAIRIE CLOTH BEFORE I PUT IT TOGETHER SO THE
FIBERFIL WOULDN'T COME THROUGH.  WHAT DO YOU
THINK OF MY LITTLE CAT? THANKS FOR STOPPING
BY. HAVE A GREAT DAY.  LORI

9 comments:

Aunt Polly's Attic said...

Love your little "pumkin", Lori! Sweet, sweet, sweet ... and thanks for sharing so many pictures of your friend's saltbox. AWESOME!

Teresa

Janet - underthewillow said...

Hi Lori!....I love looking at the pictures of Tina's saltbox, what eye candy!....and your cat and pumkin pillow is very cute!

Janet

primitivebettys said...

You are so creative! Love you 'pumkin' kitty! :) Tina's home is wonderful. Thanks for sharing!

Linda ★ Parker's Paradise said...

He is a darlin'!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Lori ~
Your pumkin is just too sweet.
Thanks for sharing more of TIna's home. I just love it.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

bayrayschild said...

Thanks for sharing your friends home. I just love eye candy!
Every room is just prim perfect and your cat/pumpkin creation is the sweetest!

Audrey

Tammy ~ A Primitive Place said...

Gorgeous!!
Simply Gorgeous!!
Thanks for sharing your friends home with us.
Now back to take another look around!! :)

Tam

Mindy said...

Just found your blog and I love it! I signed up as a follower!

Kathy (woolfind) said...

The cat is adorable Lori! Great idea.
And Kathy's house is just beautiful. She certainly knows how to decorate. Can I borrow her lol?