Saturday, July 10, 2010

A DAY WITH TINA & FRIENDS

OH I HAVE SO MUCH TO TELL YOU! FIRST OFF MY FRIEND
BOBBIE CAME TO MY AREA TO VISIT WITH FAMILY
A FEW DAYS AGO. SHE GIFTED ME THIS
DARLING LITTLE PINKEEP AND SCISSORS WITH WOOL BERRY
ATTACHED AND
I JUST LOVE THEM!! BOBBIE DOES BEAUTIFUL WORK AND I
WILL TREASURE THESE GIFTS OF HER HANDS.
BOBBIE AND I WERE INVITED TO TINA'S SALTBOX
HOUSE IN WISCONSIN YESTERDAY FOR A DAY OF VISITING WITH TINA AND OTHER FRIENDS TINA HAD INVITED FOR
A FUN FILLED DAY. IT'S ABOUT A 3 HOUR TRIP FROM
MY HOUSE TO TINA'S. BOBBIE AND I HIT THE ROAD AT SIX AM 
AND BEFORE WE KNEW IT WE HAD ARRIVED! WELL, LET ME JUST
SAY THAT SEEING TINA'S HOME IN PERSON
WAS JUST SO THRILLING. IT IS SO INVITING AND EVERYTHING
DISPLAYED TO PERFECTION! ABOVE AND FOLLOWING WILL
BE SOME PICS I SNAPPED OF THE SALTBOX. 
THE PICTURE ABOVE IS HER BACK PATIO. IT'S SUCH
A BEAUTIFUL SETTING. AFTER SAMPLING SOME
DELIGHTFUL TREATS WE PILED INTO TWO
VEHICLES AND HEADED TO A PRIMITIVES SHOP I'VE SHOWN
YOU PICTURES OF IN A PREVIOUS POST, A SIMPLER TIME
THERE WERE 8 OF US AND OH THE FUN WE
HAD CHATTING IN THE CAR AND AT THE SHOP. JUDY, THE
SHOP OWNER WAS GRACIOUS ENOUGH TO TAKE OUR
PHOTO FOR US.
HERE IS OUR MERRY BAND. FROM LEFT TO RIGHT..
BETH, CYANNE, MARSHA, BOBBIE, REBECCA, TAMMY (TINA'S SISTER) TINA AND ME.  REBECCA CAME FROM MINNESOTA, BOBBIE AND I
FROM MICHIGAN, AND THE OTHER GIRLS ALL FROM
WISCONSIN.  YOU CAN SEE BY ALL THE PACKAGES
WE DID SOME DAMAGE IN THE SHOP!
FROM THERE WE HEADED TO A WONDERFUL LITTLE
EATERY IN THE NEARBY TOWN OF PRINCETON CALLED
THE BLUE MOON. AFTER A WONDERFUL LUNCH WE
HEADED TO SOME ANTIQUES SHOPS IN THAT TOWN AND THEN
BACK TO TINA'S HOME ABOUT AN HOURS DRIVE
FROM PRINCETON FOR A FEW MORE MINUTES
OF VISITING AND THEN HIT THE ROAD FOR HOME.
HONESTLY I THINK NONE OF US WANTED TO LEAVE!
THANK YOU SO MUCH TINA FOR HOSTING SUCH
A WONDERFUL DAY. MOST OF US WERE STRANGERS AND IT
FELT LIKE WE HAD KNOWN EACH OTHER FOR YEARS, THE VISITING
WAS SO COMFORTABLE. BOBBIE AND I CHATTED
ABOUT OUR DAY ALL THE WAY BACK HOME!
BEFORE WE LEFT TINA'S SHE GIFTED EACH OF US WITH A LITTLE
BAG AND IN THEM WE FOUND SOME
OF HER PRECIOUS CLOTH BIRDS! THIS IS THE
ONE I WAS LUCKY ENOUGH TO GET. HE IS A WONDERFUL
BROWN COTTON PRINT WHICH IS MY FAVORITE SO
HE WILL BE PERFECT IN MY HOME.
THE WOOD TOTE ON TOP OF THE PINE
CUPBOARD WAS MY ANTIQUE PURCHASE. IT'S A SWEET
LITTLE TOTE WITH CUBBIES AND IS NARROW SO IT FIT
JUST RIGHT ON TOP OF MY CUPBOARD.
THIS IS THE TIN LAMP I BOUGHT AT A SIMPLER TIME SHOP.
I WANTED IT FOR IN THE HALLWAY AND I
AM GLAD I GOT IT AS IT'S JUST WHAT I HAD IN
MIND FOR IN THERE. CYANNE AND I BOUGHT
THE SAME LAMP. I AM STILL FULL
OF EXCITEMENT TODAY JUST THINKING ABOUT
ALL THE DAY HELD YESTERDAY. IT WAS TRULY
A SPECIAL DAY WITH FRIENDS THAT I WILL
TREASURE AND NEVER FORGET!! LORI

10 comments:

Joanne said...

Oh Lori - looks like one great day and such generosity going on!

Love the finds! And Tina's house - wow!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Lori ~
Thank you so much for sharing. Tina's home is wonderful. I love the hooked rug over the sofa!
It looks like a grand time was had by all. Your new old tote is perfect on your cupboard.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Janet - underthewillow said...

what a wonderful day indeed Lori!

Janet

moosecraft said...

Whata great and fun group of gals! Looks like you all had so much fun! Love Tina's home... and those treasures in the pics... ooooh-la-la! :-)

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

what a beautiful post Lori ~
I'm so happy that you all shared a special Girl's Day...I love when I get the chance to have them too!!
Tina's home is just beautiful...I'd love to see more!!

Your group photo is so sweet...you should frame that one for sure!!
Blessed be,
Lori

Myglorystars said...

Wow Lori, looks like you had so much fun, glad you had the opportunity to have a fun day!!!! The house looks awesome!!!

Kaye said...

Seems you had the perfect "girls day out", those are the best kind. Your tote is great and as for Tina's house it is wonderful, also your lamp is just perfect. The gift from Bobbie is great, love all of it.

WoolenSails said...

What a wonderful day and wonderful prims.
Her home is beautiful and love her prim displays.

Debbie

from me to thee......... said...

Hi Lori, isn't a day with the girls so fun !!!!! That home is awesome!!!!! and shopping too,what a day !!!!!!!!!!!!! Linda

Linda said...

It looks like you had so much fun.....and the bird is adorable.....love those goodie bags. Thanks for sharing your fun adventure. Linda