Tuesday, June 22, 2010

VISITNG WITH FAMILY

LAST WEEK I HAD TWO OF MY GREAT NIECES COME
FOR A VISIT. FIRST I HAD MARISSA. SHE WILL BE NINE
IN AUGUST AND IS AN EXCEPTIONAL HULA HOOPER!
I NEVER COULD DO THAT WHEN I WAS A KID!!

HERE'S MARISSA WITH ZOE. THEY GOT ALONG VERY WELL
AND IT WAS GOOD FOR ZOE TO HAVE SOME COMPANY.

MID WEEK I TOOK MARISSA TO MY AUNT PAT'S HOUSE
WHERE WE MET UP WITH MY TWO SISTERS AND I SWITCHED
NIECES AND BROUGHT SKYLAR HOME WITH ME. THIS IS
FROM LEFT TO RIGHT....LOIS, LINDA, AUNT PAT AND ME!
AUNT PAT HAD HIP REPLACEMENT SURGERY RECENTLY
AND SHE IS DOING FAMOUSLY! SHE LOOKS REALLY GOOD!
LOVE YOU AUNT PAT!!
MARISSA AND SKYLAR ARE LINDA'S GRANDS.


HERE IS SKYLAR ON MY BACK DECK. SHE WILL BE 11 IN JULY
AND I BOUGHT HER THIS OUTFIT FOR AN EARLY BIRTHDAY
GIFT. THIS IS THE THIRD YEAR SKYLAR HAS COME AND THE FIRST
FOR MARISSA.


ZOE AND SKYLAR. THEY GET ALONG VERY WELL ALSO.
ZOE IS TIRED FROM ALL THE ACTIVITY AND PLAY BUT
I THINK SHE IS MISSING THE GIRLS.

WHEN SKYLAR AND I WERE OUT IN THE YARD I HEARD A
SQUEAK LIKE ONE OF ZOE'S TOYS AND REALIZED I ACCIDENTALLY
STEPPED ON A WILD BABY BUNNY NESTLED IN THE GRASS!
I FELT TERRIBLE BUT IT DIDN'T SEEM HURT AS IT
HOPPED OFF AND HUDDLED NEXT TO MY LITTLE
GARDEN FENCE. IT STAYED THERE FOR SOME TIME.
WE CHECKED ON IT LATER AND IT WAS GONE.
THERE WERE TWO OF THEM IN MY FRONT FLOWER BEDS. THEY
WERE ONLY ABOUT FOUR INCHES LONG.

I TOOK SKYLAR BACK HOME ON SATURDAY AND STAYED FOR
FATHER'S DAY. ZOE AND I CAME HOME YESTERDAY AND ON
THE WAY I STOPPED AT AN ANTIQUES SHOP.
BOY, AM I GLAD I DID AS I FOUND THIS PERFECT
ANTIQUE DOLL QUILT IN BROWN AND SHIRTINGS.
IT'S IN MINT CONDITION. IT LOOKS
LIKE IT'S MACHINE PIECED AND HAND QUILTED.
I WOULD DATE THE FABRICS TO THE 1800'S. I PAID $25. FOR IT!!


LOOK AT THOSE YUMMY BROWN FABRICS AND SHIRTINGS!!
IT WILL GO IN THE BROWN BEDROOM. IT'S ONE OF MY FAVORITE THINGS
FOR SURE!! IF I CAN FIND SOME SIMILAR REPRODUCTION BROWNS
I'LL TRY TO DUPLICATE IT SOME DAY FOR SALE.
HAVE A GREAT WEEK. I'LL BE POSTING A PICTURE ON THE WEEKEND OF MY UPDATE GOODIES. I'M STILL TRYING
TO FINISH UP SOME THINGS. LOTS OF DOLLS THIS TIME. LORI








6 comments:

Janet - underthewillow said...

Hi Lori!....I couldn't do the Hula Hoop either....your nieces are lovely and the purple outfit you bought is cute, love it!....congrats in finding the brown quilt! it's beautiful!

Janet

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Oh wow, hula hoop and baton twirling were my thing as a kid lol. Sometimes together lol. Looked like some wonderful family time!
Loved what you picked up too. So sweet !

Rugs and Pugs said...

Lori ~
Now I'm not as talented as Kathy, but I could hula hoop!
Your nieces are very cute young ladies ~ what a great Auntie you are.
I love the doll quilt. What a great find.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

moosecraft said...

The girls look so sweet... what a fun time! Love that little quilt!

Joanne said...

Beautiful young ladies - Great shots of the girls and Zoe - adorable. Love your treasure you found!

ann hermes said...

I love the brown and white doll quilt. What a bargain!