Sunday, June 6, 2010

SOME CHANGES

I'VE MADE A FEW LITTLE CHANGES IN THE BROWN BEDROOM.
THIS IS BEFORE.
WHEN WE PAINTED THE WALLS BROWN A FEW
YEARS AGO I MADE ALL THE MACHE BOXES WITH
BLUE FABRICS TO STACK ON TOP OF THE CUBBY
TO HAVE SOMETHING WITH HEIGHT UNTIL I
DECIDED WHAT TO PUT ABOVE THE CUBBY.
THIS IS AFTER.
I DECIDED TO HANG THE HEART & BIRD RUG OVER THE CUBBY
BUT THEN THE BOXES WERE STACKED SO HIGH
IT COVERED SOME OF THE RUG SO I HAD TO TAKE
A FEW OFF. I ALSO STITCHED A NEW SAMPLER
FOR NEXT TO THE CUPBOARD. I WANTED A LONGER
SAMPLER INSTEAD OF THE TWO SMALL STITCHERIES.
DO YOU THINK IT WAS A GOOD CHANGE?


THIS IS THE NEWEST SAMPLER. IT'S ANNA DILLINGHAM BY
JENNY HOFFMAN OF COUNTRY RUSTIC PRIMITIVES.
I LOVE STITCHING JENNY'S PATTERNS. THE AGING
I DID ON IT LOOKS BETTER IN PERSON.


AND WHILE I WAS BUSY HANGING, ZOE WAS BUSY
TAKING A SNOOZE WITH MY DOLLS ON THE BED!
WHAT A GOOD LITTLE HELPER SHE IS!!
UNTIL NEXT TIME......LORI

11 comments:

moosecraft said...

Very nice! And, Zoe is such a sweetie!

Bobbie said...

Looks beautiful, Lori! I love your room, well, actually your whole house! Your have such a nice way of displaying items. I think Zoe looks perfect lying by your dollies!

Joanne said...

Zoe is just so adorable! Love the rug hanging over the boxes and the sampler too - a perfect touch! The colors are wonderful

Janet - underthewillow said...

Hi Lori!....what a beautiful sampler and I love the rug hung there!

Janet

Tammy ~ A Primitive Place said...

Everything looks wonderful!!
Love your sampler.
And your prim dolls are amazing.
Zoe is so adorable.
TFS,
Tam

Rugs and Pugs said...

Lori ~
Your sampler is wonderful and I love the rug over the cubby.
If you haven't yet found a spot for the two small stitcheries, I'd hang them under the blue cupboard. I like hanging things a bit lower that normal. Or perhaps one of your small quilts would look great there. Just MHO.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Lori said...

Thanks Lauren, I'll think about your suggestion. The stitcheries were done by my friend Judy so I would like to still hang them.

LeeHillPrimitives said...

Everything looks amazing!

WoolenSails said...

Everything looks so nice together and love your prim displays. I really need to think out my cat collection;)
Love the new sampler, really nice piece.

Debbie

QUAINT AND PLAIN said...

AS USUAL LORI YOUR ROOM IS LOVELY... THE WALL COLOR IS FABULOUS AND LOVE IT WITH BLUES... ZOE LOOKS LIKE A VERY HAPPY AND MUCH LOVED PUPPY... ~ B

Angie Berry said...

Ah, such a sweet, sweet picture of Zoe! She looks so comfortable!

I love your tweaking... looks good!