Tuesday, June 1, 2010

LITTLE ANTIQUE QUILT INSPIRATIONS

I LOVE TO LOOK FOR LITTLE ANTIQUE DOLL QUILTS
FOR INSPIRATION. SOMETIMES I MIGHT
TRY TO COME AS CLOSELY AS I CAN TO REPLICATING THE
ORIGINAL ANTIQUE QUILT AND
SOMETIMES I WILL DO MY INTERPRETATION OF A PIECE.
THIS LITTLE ONE PATCH IS MY INTERPRETATION OF
THE ANTIQUE VERSION ABOVE. IT'S FOR SALE ON MY
PICTURETRAIL AT THIS TIME.


I LOVE HOW BLUES AND BROWNS LOOK TOGETHER
AND THIS LITTLE QUILT REALLY CAUGHT MY EYE.
I ALMOST DID JUST THE TWO BLOCKS BUT DECIDED
TO DO FOUR INSTEAD.


THIS IS MY VERSION WITH THE FOUR BLOCKS. IT'S ALSO
FOR SALE ON MY PICTURETRAIL AT THIS TIME.

THIS LITTLE ONE BLOCK COURTHOUSE STEPS
QUILT TUGGED AT MY HEARTSTRINGS
AS SOON AS I SAW IT.



THIS IS MY VERSION. IT WILL BE FOR SALE ON MY
PICTURETRAIL WITH MY NEXT UPDATE. I'M HOPING
TO HAVE ANOTHER ONE LATE JUNE.





THIS LITTLE ANTIQUE GEM IS NEXT ON MY LIST
TO TRY TO REPLICATE I THINK. I LOVE
THE TONE OF THE FABRICS IN THIS LITTLE TUMBLER.
MAYBE I'LL HAVE IT READY FOR MY NEXT UPDATE AS WELL.
I'LL SEE WHAT TIME ALLOWS. HAPPY STITCHING OR CREATING
IN WHATEVER MEDIUM TUGS AT YOUR HEARTSTRINGS! LORI





9 comments:

Calico Rabbit said...

Love the little quilts,
they are so beautiful!

you did a beautiful job capturing that antique spirit!

Prim Blessin's
Kerri
thecalicorabbit.blogspot.com

Deb said...

I just love those little quilts. They so wonderful for using up bits of fabric to recreate!

WoolenSails said...

Your little quilts are so wonderful and look just like the antiques.

Debbie

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

AweSoMe!!!! You do beautiful work.

Nan ~ Threadwork Primitives said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nan ~ Threadwork Primitives said...

All your quilts are so wonderful. They will be heirlooms one day too.
~Nan

Julie said...

Lori, you do such beautiful work! The quilts are little pieces of art! Would love to take a class with you as my teacher! I'm having a Giveaway on my blog so would love for you to stop by sometime!

moosecraft said...

All of the little quilts are wonderful! Looking forward to seeing how you stitch up that tumbler!

Angie Berry said...

I love your interpretations, very nice work Lori!