Saturday, June 26, 2010

JUNE UPDATE OFFERINGS

I'VE BEEN WORKING HARD ON SEVERAL NEW
ITEMS FOR MY JUNE UPDATE. I LOVE HOW THIS
LITTLE BIRD PILLOW TURNED OUT FROM A
BOOK BY RENEE PLAINS. THE MACHE COVERED
BOX WILL COME WITH THE WOOL STRAWBERRIES AND OLD KEY INSIDE.
I HAVE SEVEN DOLLS TO OFFER THIS TIME. I GOT A NEW
PATTERN FROM THE SCHNEEMAN'S CALLED
DOLLHOUSE DOLLS AND THEY COME IN TWO SIZES.
THE OTHER DOLL PATTERN IS CALLED TUCKER
DOLLS BY CATHERINE DOUGLAS MAHONE.
I'VE DONE TWO IN THE ORIGINAL SIZE AND ONE ENLARGED SIZE.

REMEMBER THAT ANTIQUE DOLL QUILT I SHOWED IN AN
EARLIER POST? THIS IS MY VERSION OF IT. IT WILL BE
OFFERED FOR SALE AS WELL. I'M PLEASED WITH
HOW IT CAME OUT. I MADE UP MY OWN LITTLE
TUMBLER TEMPLATE.


THIS SWEET LITTLE DOLL BED IS FROM A PATTERN
BY LITTLE QUILTS AND WAS MADE BY MY
FRAME AND FURNITURE MAKING FRIEND BILL.
I MADE THE TICKING MATTRESS OUT OF OLD TICKING
IN RED AND BLUE. THE BED IS CRANBERRY RED BUT
LOOKS BRIGHTER IN THE PICTURE. IT'S STRUNG WITH
JUTE FOR A LITTLE ROPE BED LOOK. PERFECT FOR A DOLL
OR DOLLS TO SIT OR LAY ON.


THIS IS AN ORIGINAL ANTIQUE DOLL QUILT
FROM THE 1920/30's. IT'S MACHINE PIECED AND MACHINE QUILTED.
IT HAS A PRINT FEED SACK
BACKING. IT'S NOT A PIECE FROM A LARGER QUILT BUT
ACTUALLY MADE FROM SCRATCH AS A DOLL QUILT. THERE ARE A COUPLE SMALL HOLES IN IT.
I'LL ALSO BE OFFERING THE LITTLE BROWN COURTHOUSE STEPS
QUILT INSPIRED BY AN ANTIQUE QUILT I SHOWED IN
AN EARLIER POST.
MY UPDATE WILL BE THIS TUESDAY, JUNE 29th, AT 9:00 am CENTRAL TIME.
THE LINK TO MY PICTURETRAIL IS ON THE UPPER LEFT.
I'LL BE CLOSING THE FOR SALE ALBUM TO GET IT READY FOR
TUESDAY. AT THAT TIME YOU WILL NOT NEED A PASSWORD TO
SEE MY OFFERINGS. I HOPE YOU CAN JOIN ME THEN. HAVE
A GREAT WEEKEND. LORI



7 comments:

Karen said...

I like the way the bird pillow turned out, too. Very prim style.

Plumruncreek ♥ said...

You have been busy! Love all your offerings!

Janet - underthewillow said...

oh my! everything looks wonderful Lori!

Janet

moosecraft said...

Wow! Busier than Santa's Elves! I really love that quilt you made!

WoolenSails said...

Love all of your new pieces and the bed is wonderful.
I knew there was a book I wanted and don't remember seeing Renee's book when I was in the store.

Debbie

Meredith said...

Everything is so cut. I am drawn to the little bed.

primitivebettys said...

It looks like another really YUMMY update Lori! :) GREAT finishes!

Smiles,

Betty