Monday, June 14, 2010

GIFTS AND PURCHASE

I AM SO BLESSED TO HAVE SUCH GOOD FRIENDS.
MY LONG DISTANCE FRIEND CHRIS (MYSTICALPRIMITIVES ON EBAY)
SENT ME THIS WONDERFUL BOX OF GOODIES FOR
A SWAP WE ARE DOING RIGHT NOW.
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE EVERYTHING BUT MY HEART
TURNED OVER WHEN I SAW THE PUNCH NEEDLE
RENDITION CHRIS DID OF OUR LITTLE ZOE GIRL!!
I'VE PLACED IT IN A SPECIAL PLACE IN OUR BEDROOM ON
A LITTLE REPRODUCTION CHILD SIZE WINDSOR CHAIR. I AM
AMAZED AT THE TALENT CHRIS HAS WITH HER PUNCH NEEDLE!
THANK YOU SO MUCH CHRIS FOR THIS VERY SPECIAL BOX
OF GOODIES.



THIS IS A SPECIAL GIFT FROM MY FRIEND KATHY FOR
A RECENT BIRTHDAY. KATHY DID THIS WOOL FLOWER APPLIQUE
FROM A MAGGIE B BOOK FOR ME ON A
SOLID BROWN TOWEL. I JUST LOVE
THE WOOLS SHE USED! THANK YOU DEAR
KATHY FOR MY WONDERFUL GIFTS. SHE ALSO
GAVE ME TWO BOOKS. ONE IS THE NEWEST BOOK
BY RENEE PLAINS CALLED A BIRD IN HAND. I'VE
BEEN WANTING THIS BOOK FOR SOME TIME BUT
HADN'T BOUGHT IT YET. I'VE DONE A PROJECT OUT
OF IT ALREADY FOR MY NEXT UPDATE WHICH I'LL
BE GIVING A PEAK OF IN A LITTLE OVER A WEEK.
THE OTHER BOOK IS CALLED THE SAMPLER MOTIF BOOK
BY BRENDA KEYES AND IS AN OLDER READER'S DIGEST
BOOK FROM THE 1990's. IT'S FULL OF GREAT SAMPLERS AND IDEAS.

LASTLY I WAS ABLE TO VISIT MY FRIEND MARIA BARTON
OF STAR RUG COMPANY THIS PAST WEEKEND FOR A SHORT TIME.
I GOT TO SEE ALL HER RUGS IN PERSON THAT SHE
DID FOR THE CLASS SHE TAUGHT RECENTLY IN TEXAS.
I JUST LOVE HER TUMBLIN DOWN PUMPKINS SO I BOUGHT
THAT RUG HOOKING PATTERN AND A NICE STACK
OF WOOL FAT QUARTERS IN MUTED SHADES. MOST COULD
WORK IN THE PUMPKIN PATTERN SO I THINK I WILL BE
USING THEM IN THERE. I ALWAYS ENJOY SEEING MARIA'S RUGS
IN PERSON. THEY ARE SO INSPIRING AND I JUST LOVE
THE COLORS SHE USES. THAT'S IT FOR NOW. HAVE A GREAT WEEK.
LORI





8 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I love the little Cloe. I had been looking at her photos and thinking about doing something, never got around to it;) That wool is a dream stack, gorgeous shades.

Debbie

moosecraft said...

Wonderful np pillow! Pretty Maggie B pillow! I really like that Maria pattern too! I'll check to see if it's available on her website yet... I thought that stack of wools were for the rug? Looks good to me! :-)

Lori said...

Sharon,
I picked out a bunch of wools that appealed to me not really picking for the rug and they ended up being similar to what Maria used in her rug so I will use them for the Tumblin Down pumpkins I'm sure.

Janet - underthewillow said...

what wonderful gifts you've received Lori! and your doggy pillow is extra special!

Janet

Deb said...

Wonderful gifts, but I have to say that the pillow is really a great one. How special is that! I know that you were thrilled. And love all those wools you have. YMMMMMM!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Lori ~
The np of Zoe is cute beyond words!
Love the wools!!! Such beautiful colors. Can't wait to see what you create.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

QUAINT AND PLAIN said...

CANNOT WAIT TO SEE THE PUMPKINS RUG DONE UP IN YOUR OWN SPECIAL WAY... ALWAYS INSPIRING TO HAVE A VISIT TO YOUR BLOG NO MATTER THE DAY....

Angie Berry said...

OH my word Lori! That has to be one of the sweetest gifts I've seen in a long time! How thoughtful of Chris to lovingly make such a beautiful piece for you. That is so very precious! You received lots of great gifts, girl! That wool is gorgeous... love those colors!