Tuesday, May 18, 2010

MORE SAMPLERS

I ASKED MY FRIEND BILL TO MAKE ME A PINE FRAME
FOR MY MIRIAM DOWD BAND SAMPLER.
I PAINTED IT BLACK AND AGED IT SOME.
I PUT IT TOGETHER MYSELF AND I'M
PLEASED WITH HOW IT CAME OUT.

I ALSO HAD BILL MAKE ME A FRAME FOR
THIS SMALL SAMPLER. I TOOK MY INSPIRATION
FROM AN ANTIQUE SAMPLER I SAW ONLINE.
I CHANGED THE LAST NAME AND ADDED
A COUPLE OTHER THINGS BUT I LOVED THE COLORS
ON THE ANTIQUE SAMPLER SO TRIED TO MATCH
THOSE AS CLOSELY AS I COULD. IT WAS
PERFECT FOR THE BROWN BEDROOM.

THIS IS WHERE I PUT THE BAND SAMPLER. I
HAD THIS SPOT IN MIND WHEN I WAS STITCHING IT.


HERE YOU SEE THE SMALL SAMPLER IN
PLACE IN THE BROWN BEDROOM.
ON OUR RECENT TRIP TO MISSOURI I
FOUND THE MIDDLE STONEWARE JUG IN MILK
CHOCOLATE BROWN. IT WAS THE PERFECT SIZE
FOR IN BETWEEN THE OTHER TWO I HAD. I HAD
OTHER THINGS IN THIS DRY SINK BUT I
WANTED A SIMPLER LOOK. LORI




12 comments:

taylors*farmhouse*attic said...

Oh, WOW!!!!..I love them Lori!!Beautiful job!!~~hugs,Jen

Myglorystars said...

Nice!!!!! Thay turned out wonderful Lori, but everything you touch does!!!! Rhonda

Rugs and Pugs said...

Lori ~
OH! Your samplers are wonderful and the frames Bill made are just perfect for them!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

basketsnprims said...

Lori,
I love your samplers and you found the perfect spot for them. The frames are great, too.
Pam

WoolenSails said...

The samplers look wonderful with the frames.
I think I will ask Bill to make me some too;)
My latest piece isn't frame size, so thinking of a shape to go with it.

Debbie

Plumruncreek ♥ said...

Absolutely beautiful Lori!! Love the frames too.

LeeHillPrimitives said...

Simply Beuatiful Job!. Love it. The jugs are amazing too

moosecraft said...

Both samplers are beautiful! That Bill sure does make nice complimentary frames too!

Carla said...

I love the samplers and the frames. Beautiful!!

Sherry said...

WOW JUST WOW!!!!!

The Queen

my3Kitties said...

Just love your finished Sampler pieces, they both turned out beautiful. I myself have been in the stitching mood but unlike you, I haven't been in the finishing stage...I'm hoping your post will "inspire" me! I also love your stoneware jug display-simple is in!!!

Angie Berry said...

Those frames are perfect for the samplers! I love the simple, wide borders. You have placed them both in wonderful spots. How funny that the middle jug just fits perfectly in-between the others! Very nice Lori, thanks for sharing!