Tuesday, April 6, 2010

PRAIRIE BONNETS

PRAIRIE BONNETS ARE ANOTHER FAVORITE TEXTILE
I DECORATE WITH. I HAVE SEVERAL THAT I'VE
MADE FOR DIFFERENT AREAS OF OUR HOME.
THIS IS THE LIVING ROOM. I JUST MADE THE THIRD
BONNET ON THE LEFT OUT OF BROWN HOMESPUN.
I LIKE UNEVEN NUMBERS!
THIS ONE IS IN THE BACK ENTRY WITH A CHILD SIZE DRESS
AND SEWING POCKET.


THESE ARE IN OUR BEDROOM ON AN OLD
COAT RACK. HMMM, LOOKS LIKE
I NEED TO MAKE A THIRD FOR HERE TOO!
THAT'S AN ANTIQUE APRON ON THE FAR LEFT. I MADE
THE PINAFORE FROM A PATTERN.


I MADE THIS ONE RECENTLY TOO. THE MAKE-DO HEAD IS A
SCHNEEMAN ORIGINAL AND I DECIDED SHE
NEEDED A BONNET FOR COLOR.



THIS ONE IS ON A CHAIR IN OUR GUEST BEDROOM.




THIS IS A DOLL SIZE I MADE FOR THE GUEST BEDROOM
TO GO WITH SOME LITTLE ANTIQUE DRESSES
IN INDIGO BLUES I HAVE ON A PEG RACK.



I STARTED SPRING CLEANING THIS WEEK AND HAVE
OUR BEDROOM ALL DONE. I HAVE BEEN WORKING
ON MY MAGGIE B INSPIRED RUG SOME BUT
THERE IS A LOT TO HOOK YET. I'M THINKING
I'LL HAVE IT DONE SOME TIME NEXT WEEK.
I HOPE TO SPRING CLEAN THE HALLWAY YET
THIS WEEK AND BASTE THAT STAR QUILT TOP SO I
CAN BEGIN TO HAND QUILT IT. BASTING IS ON MY LIST FOR
TOMORROW AND MORE CLEANING ON THURSDAY.
WISH ME LUCK!!! I MAY RUN OUT OF ENERGY!! LORI






13 comments:

moosecraft said...

Love all those bonnets! Great fabrics too! I'm wishing you baskets of energy for Spring cleaning!!!! I've yet to start mine, though I did manage to put away the Easter decorations... :-)

Janet - underthewillow said...

Hi Lori!....I love all of your bonnets!

Have "fun" with the cleaning!

Janet

Plumruncreek ♥ said...

Love all your bonnets!! I'm lacking on the energy thing also. LOL! I think I'm out of shape from sitting here hooking.

Deb said...

I love all your bonnets and your decorating. And the sampler hanging on the wall - is that a print or an actual stitched piece? I'd love to know the name of it if it's a chart.

Stef said...

What a darling idea to decorate with the bonnets! I would love to know also about the sampler on the wall - it's beautiful!

Lori said...

Deb & Stef,
The large sampler is called Jane Harris by McIntosh Samplers.

Tomatoe Creek Prims said...

I love your bonnets especially the brown and blue ones:) I have four and another on the way in the mail:)
Have a great evening!

Rondell

Lori said...

I just love how peaceful & folky your home is...it should be in a magazine (*hint*hint*) ~ love all your bonnets!!! I collect them too!!!

Blessed be~
Lori

ihook2 said...

I have pegs in a couple of rooms and love the idea of the bonnets-think I'll have to find a pattern.
Pam

Beth Twist said...

What I want to know... with all of those bonnets on hand, do you ever actually WEAR them? :) Because I'd be really, really tempted if I had one!

Lori said...

Well Beth, let's just say I'm glad I wasn't born in the 1800's cuz I'm not at all attractive in a bonnet!! LOL

Angie Berry said...

Your bonnets are adorable! I really enjoyed looking at all of them, thanks for sharing your pictures.

Have a blessed week!

Kaye said...

Lori, your bonnets are great. I have a few and also like decorating with them. Just fun stuff to display and makes everything look worn and loved.