Monday, April 12, 2010

LITTLE QUILTS ALL IN A ROW

MY EBAY GROUP AN AMERICAN PRIMITIVE GATHERING
IS HAVING A LITTLE QUILTS ON LINE RETREAT THIS
WEEKEND AND I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE FUN
TO HANG A BUNCH OF LITTLE QUILTS
I'VE MADE OVER THE YEARS ON OUR CLOTHES LINE FOR INSPIRATION.

THE THREE ON THE RIGHT ARE SOME OF MY LITTLE FALL QUILTS.


YOU'LL SEE A LOT OF QUILTS WITH DOUBLE PINKS
FROM MY PINK LOVING DAYS! I WENT WITH DARKER
MORE PRIMITIVE COLORS IN MY QUILTS SO
ALL OF THE ONES WITH PINK ARE PUT AWAY RIGHT NOW.




MORE QUILTS WITH PINK. I ALSO LOVED TO
DO INDIGO WITH SHIRTINGS BACK THEN.





I DID QUILTS FOR SAMPLES FOR A QUILT SHOP IN WISCONSIN
FOR A FEW YEARS AND THE RUNNER ON THE FAR RIGHT
WITH HOUSES WAS ONE I DID FOR THE SHOP.
ALL OF THESE LITTLE QUILTS ARE PUT AWAY IN A CUPBOARD
RIGHT NOW BUT I THOUGHT YOU MIGHT LIKE
TO SEE A LITTLE QUILT SHOW SO I GOT THEM
OUT. I NEEDED TO REFOLD MOST OF THEM ANYWAY.
HOPE YOU ENJOY SEEING SOME OF MY LITTLE QUILTS. LORI




23 comments:

Audrey said...

They are so beautiful...how fun to see the changes in your taste.
You are quite talented and I enjoyed the show!

moosecraft said...

OMG! My heart is beating THAT much faster now! LOL! Gorgeous quilts and love how they look hanging on the line! :-)

Beth at Mehitable Puddington's Cupboard said...

Seriously awesome !!! :)

WoolenSails said...

You have so many beautiful pieces. I hope I can do some of the more intricate piecing, still practicing on basic squares.

Debbie

Gettysburg Homestead said...

LOVE THEM!!!! What great inspiration!!!! Thanks for sharing.

Mary

ann hermes said...

What a great display of your little quilts. I love them all!

Grammy Linda / Behind My Red Door said...

The little quilts you have used in your decorating caught my eye the first time I saw your Picture trail. Very inspiring indeed!

basketsnprims said...

Beautiful, Lori.
Pam

The Crafty Crow said...

Gorgeous,,
Blessings,
~Ronda~

Rugs and Pugs said...

Lori ~
So many little quilts and so very charming. Thank you so much for sharing.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Plumruncreek ♥ said...

That is pretty impressive Lori!! Beautiful!!

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Awesome! Love how you gave us such a wonderful lil' quilt show.

kelley said...

nothing could be nicer than seeing that clothesline filled with little quilts...they are gorgeous!

thanks for the very inspiring photos...

Lori said...

Lori!
how aawesome to asee all of your little quilts on the line like that!!! ~ *DROOL* ~ each one is a testiment to your love of fabric and handwork... your work SHINES!!!

thanks so much for the show ~ LOVED IT!!!!

Blessed be~
Lori

Brenis said...

Lori, oh my gosh how wonderful these are!!! I LOVE them all lined up on the clothesline!!! Thank you thank you for digging them out and hanging them for us to see! :D Each one is soo great!

Deb said...

How wonderful. I know if I was driving down the road and saw all of those hanging it would stop me dead! What a wonderful site to see!

Meredith said...

Brightened my day and it was neat to read/see your own personal changes.

primitivebettys said...

WOW! I'm speechless! :)

Angie Berry said...

Wow! What a neat display! I love your quilts. Isn't it funny to look back at the "phases" we go through. They are all so beautiful Lori! Such a wonderful job.

Lori said...

I love little quilts and have especially enjoyed your not so little quilt show!!

QUAINT AND PLAIN said...

HOW FABULOUS... AS ALWAYS!! XX ~ B

Betweens said...

this was better than chocolate!! thanks for pulling out these sweet little quilts..loved every stage you have gone through...

Doreen said...

These are all so wonderful!!! I am working on my very first quilt right now and I am just loving it :)

Doreen