Tuesday, April 20, 2010

LITTLE QUILT & SAMPLER

THIS IS THE LITTLE QUILT TOP I GOT DONE THIS PAST WEEKEND
FOR THE ONLINE RETREAT HELD BY MY GROUP ON EBAY.
THE HANDLES ARE HAND APPLIQUED AND THE
REST MACHINE PIECED. I'M GOING
TO TRY TO GET IT QUILTED AND BOUND FOR
MY NEXT UPDATE ON MY PICTURE TRAIL.
THIS MORNING I STITCHED THE FINAL STITCHES
IN MY MIRIAM DOWD BAND SAMPLER. THIS
IS THE BOTTOM. I'LL SHOW YOU THE COMPLETE SAMPLER
AFTER I GET IT FRAMED AND HUNG IN PLACE.
I WILL HAVE TO HAVE A FRAME MADE FOR IT
AS IT'S SO LONG. I HOPE TO GET TO TOWN
TODAY AND GET SOME FOAM CORE BOARD CUT FOR IT.
I'M A LITTLE NERVOUS ABOUT WHETHER I CAN
GET IT STRAIGHT BECAUSE OF IT'S LENGTH. WISH ME LUCK!!
WISHING EVERYONE A LOVELY DAY. TIME FOR ME TO TAKE ZOE
FOR A WALK. IT'S 68 HERE TODAY WITH SUN. LORI

7 comments:

basketsnprims said...

Lori,
Love your quilt and your sampler. Good luck with your sampler. It's gorgeous here today, getting ready to walk our dogs as well.
Pam

Beckyjean said...

Love them both~can't wait to see them finished. Have a great day!!

Becky

moosecraft said...

Both are beautiful pieces, Lori! Your color sense with quilts and stitching really appeals to me! Very soft and prim! I know you will do fine with framing that sampler!!! Can't wait to see it!

QUAINT AND PLAIN said...

OH MY GOODNESS DEAR LORI I DO LOVE YOUR FABULOUS SAMPLER, THE COLORS AND SIMPLE DESIGN MAKE MY HEART SING.... AS ALWAYS YOUR NEEDLEWORKS ARE PERFECTION IN CLOTH AND THREADS...

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Both are beauties! Hope you had a wonderful walk with Zoe.

Kimberly said...

I love your sampler and the quilts a beautiful! They're my favorites, you can use them in many different displays.
Kimberly: )

Angie Berry said...

Very nice Lori! Custom framing is quite costly. I work at Hobby Lobby and even with my discount it is expensive. I hope you're able to get it done for a reasonable price. Looking forward to seeing it framed!