Saturday, April 10, 2010

FINISHED RUG

I PULLED MY LAST LOOP AFTER SUPPER LAST NIGHT ON
MY MAGGIE B INSPIRED RUG.
I TRIMMED IT OFF AND SEWED DOWN THE WOOL BINDING
ON THE BACK AND STEAMED IT BEFORE BED.
I SEW MY BINDING ON BEFORE I BEGIN
TO HOOK AND HOOK RIGHT UP TO IT SO WHEN
I'M DONE HOOKING IT DOESN'T TAKE LONG TO
FINISH IT OFF. I WANT TO GET TO THE FUN PART
AND GET IT STEAMED!! I KNOW SHARON
THOUGHT THE BIRD LOOKED ORANGE ON
A PREVIOUS PICTURE I POSTED BUT
IT IS RED. I CAN'T TAKE TRUE COLOR PICS FOR THE LIFE OF ME!!


THIS IS WHERE I PLACED THE RUG. IT'S IN FRONT
OF A BIG RED CUPBOARD IN OUR BEDROOM.
THIS WEEKEND I PLAN TO FINISH A SMALL QUILT
BUT I CAN'T SHOW IT FOR SOME WEEKS YET AS
IT WILL BE FOR A CHALLENGE. I ALSO HAVE TO FINISH
MY DOWD BAND SAMPLER. JUST A BIT TO GO ON THAT.
WISHING ONE AND ALL A LOVELY WEEKEND. WE HAD SNOW
THE OTHER DAY BUT IT'S GONE AGAIN. LORI

13 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

Lori ~
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your Maggie B rug. I think I need to add that to my to-hook list!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

PrimWyoGirl said...

Just beautful! Love that red cupboard too!
Jayne

Janet - underthewillow said...

It's BEAUTIFUL Lori!!

Janet

Grammy Linda / Behind My Red Door said...

Just gorgeous!!

LeeHillPrimitives said...

Simply Amazing! As always, Beautiful job!

Orange Sink said...

Love love your Maggie B inspired rug! Your red cupboard is wonderful........the perfect spot for that rug! Cathy G

WoolenSails said...

The rug came out beautifully and it looks perfect in front of the red piece.

Debbie

Joanne said...

Lori - it's just beautiful - love and love the colors - Can't believe how fast you hooked that up!

Plumruncreek ♥ said...

Love it Lori!!

Kim said...

Great rug. Add me to the list of commenters who love the colors.

Beth at Mehitable Puddington's Cupboard said...

A future heirloom for sure! I'm green with envy. :)

moosecraft said...

Whoops! :-) It could be the monitor on my computer too, Lori. So many variables with digital images these days. When I take pics of my rugs the colors always look more bright than they really are... and the contrast always harshens them up. Either ways, it's a beautiful rug! Looks right at home by your cupboard too! :-)

QUAINT AND PLAIN said...

AS ALWAYS A VISIT TO YOUR BLOG IS INSPIRATIONAL AND LOVELY... MAGGIES RUG IS SURELY A THING OF BEAUTY TO BEHOLD... & YOUR HANDWORK SURELY ENCOURAGES ONE AND ALL... XXX ~B