Tuesday, March 2, 2010

SHEEP RUG

THIS IS A HOOKED RUG I DID IN 2007/2008 FOR A
RUG HOOKING CHALLENGE I TOOK
PART IN WITH MY RUG HOOKING GROUP ON
EBAY.
THE DESIGN WAS BY MARIA BARTON AND THE
CHALLENGE WAS THAT EVERONE
THAT ENTERED THE CHALLENGE GAVE WOOLIE
WORMS TO EVERYONE ELSE
IN THE CHALLENGE AND YOU
HAD TO USE ALL OF THOSE WORMS IN YOUR RUG EVEN
IF THEY WERE COLORS YOU WOULD NOT NORMALLY USE.

WELL THIS REALLY WAS A CHALLENGE FOR ME! AFTER MY FIRST ATTEMPT I HAD TO PUT IT AWAY FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS. THEN I
DECIDED TO HOOK MY FAVORITE PARTS FIRST AND THEN USE UP THE REST
OF THE WOOLIE WORMS IN THE BACKGROUND. I WAS
HOPING FOR AN ANTIQUE LOOK SINCE I USED JUST WHAT I
HAD ON HAND LIKE IN TIMES PAST.
WHEN THE CHALLENGE ENDED WE VOTED ON OUR FAVORITES
AND I WAS SHOCKED TO FIND THAT MINE TOOK SECOND PLACE!



THEN MARIA DID AN ARTICLE FOR RUG HOOKING MAGAZINE
ON THE CHALLENGE WITH PICTURES
OF THE RUGS THAT PLACED. SO THIS RUG HAS EVEN BEEN
PUBLISHED!! I'VE DECIDED TO PART WITH THE RUG SINCE
I HAVE SO MANY AND MORE TO HOOK AND WILL BE OFFERING
IT FOR SALE NEXT WEEK ON MY PICTURETRAIL.
MORE PICTURES TO COME ON MONDAY OF MORE OF MY OFFERINGS SO PLEASE COME
BACK HERE AND TAKE A LOOK. I'LL TELL YOU ON MONDAY WHEN
YOU CAN LOOK FOR THE UPDATE. LORI

7 comments:

Deb said...

I love your rug!! And I'm glad that you posted it because I hooking a sheep now and wanted to do something interesting on it. Your little circles on your sheep are just want I was looking for!

And congratulations on taking 2nd place with your rug!!

Kathy (woolfind) said...

It's such a wonderful piece Lori. Wishing you big bids on it!

Joanne said...

Love your rug Lori - I participated in that challenge too and my Aunt was here and fell in love with it so now it lives in Ohio!

Hillcresthome Prims said...

Those rugs are just beautiful. I work that goes into them are alot!! I also LOVE the colors that you used!

Hugs,
Tricia
Hillcrest Home Prims

Angie Berry said...

Whew! That would be a challenge! I have a really hard time working with colors that I'm not too fond of. I'm afraid I probably would have failed this challenge but you did a marvelous job! And 2nd place? How awesome is that!!

Kim said...

I love the rug, but the story of the challenge behind it was great. Its an interesting approach to stretching our creativity.

Cotton Eyed Jo said...

That was a great challenge! The most eye opening thing to me was how much more fun it was to hook with 40 or so different wools! I was a new hooker with very limited stash.

Your rug was a lovely solution! All the rugs were so different, and that too was enlightening for me...