Friday, March 12, 2010

SAMPLER IS FRAMED!

REMEMBER THE ELIZA SLOAN SAMPLER?
I'VE BEEN ON THE HUNT FOR A FRAME AND DID
FIND SOMETHING THAT WOULD WORK AT A GOODWILL.
THE FRAME WAS A BIT BIGGER THAN I NEEDED SO I
ADDED ANOTHER BORDER TO MAKE THE SAMPLER
BIGGER.

THIS IS HOW IT CAME OUT. I SANDED THE FRAME, PAINTED IT BLACK, SANDED AGAIN
AND AGED IT UP SOME. I'M HAPPY WITH THE RESULT.
IT'S HANGING ON THE SIDE OF THE BIG GREEN/BLUE
CUPBOARD IN OUR LIVING ROOM WHERE I CAN
SEE IT MOST OFTEN AND ENJOY IT!
JUST A REMINDER ALSO THAT MY SPRING UPDATE
IS TODAY ON MY PICTURETRAIL. YOU CAN FIND
THE LINK TO THE LEFT IF YOU WANT TO
STOP BY AND SEE ALL OF MY OFFERINGS. THERE ARE SOME
I DIDN'T SHOW ON HERE.
HAVE A LOVELY DAY! LORI

13 comments:

primitivebettys said...

It is GREAT Lori! :)

Janet - underthewillow said...

oh my gosh that's beautiful Lori!!

Janet

Jeanne said...

That came out VERY nice, love the colors and the added border !

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Lori, very pretty! I like the added border, nice touch!

Deb said...

It looks great Lori - both the sampler and the frame.

Grammy Linda / Behind My Red Door said...

Just gorgeous Lori! I am sure it will be a welcome addition to your wonderful home!!

Beth at Mehitable Puddington's Cupboard said...

Just right! :)

LeeHillPrimitives said...

Simply Gorgeous! Awesome job.

Angie Berry said...

I love how it turned out! What a wonderful idea to add the border to fit your frame. Very nice indeed Lori!

Joanne said...

Gorgeous Lori - both pieces sampler and frame!

QUAINT AND PLAIN said...

HI LORI~ BOTH YOUR SAMPLER AND FRAME ARE BEAUTIFUL... I CAN SEE THE LOVE IN EACH AND EVERY TINY STITCH YOU MADE...FABULOUS HANDWORK AS USUAL...

WoolenSails said...

I love how the sampler came out and the frame is beautiful with it.

Debbie

Rebecca said...

Oh WOW, Lori! Did that ever turn out BeaUtifully! Love it!