Monday, March 15, 2010

LAYERING QUILTS

I LOVE TO LAYER QUILTS. I LAYER THEM ON THE BEDS, ON BENCHES, IN CUBBIES. THIS WALL RACK IS IN OUR BEDROOM.
I LIKE TO CHANGE THE QUILTS WITH THE SEASONS.
THE LARGEST ONE IN THE BACKGROUND IS
WINDMILL. THE PATTERN IS BY MY
GOOD FRIEND CAROLE COLLINS
OF LADY OF THE LAKE QUILTS.
THE SMALL FLOWER AND THREE BASKETS QUILT
PINNED TO THE TOP OF THE WINDMILL
IS ONE I MADE UP USING DIFFERENT PATTERNS FROM
LINDA BRANNOCK AND JAN PATEK BOOKS.
ON THE BOTTOM I HAVE A LOG CABIN
QUILT I DID USING THE PAPER PIECING METHOD.
ON TOP OF THE LOG CABIN IS ANOTHER
QUILT PATTERN BY CAROLE
CALLED DOUBLE CHURN DASH.
I'VE USED ASSORTED FAVORITE COLORS
OF GOLD, GREEN, BLACK, RED AND TAN
FOR THESE QUILTS. THEY ARE ALL
HAND QUILTED. LORI

6 comments:

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Looks terrific. I have a 20 foot apple orchard ladder with layers of quilts that I love. Decorating with tons of quilts just makes everything else look warm and welcoming.

Pat

Grammy Linda / Behind My Red Door said...

When I first found your picture trail months ago, it was your use of quilts that first drew me in. I love how you layer them and use them in unique ways!!

Joanne said...

Beautiful quilts Lori and love the layered look! I need some more so I can "layer" - right now I just have a small "stack"! Can't wait to see what you are working on next!

JEANNETTE said...

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL COLLECTION OF QUILTS... GREAT IDEAS ON HOW TO DISPLAY THEM...
BLESSINGS
JEANNETTE

Deb said...

I love the layering too! You could spend a lot of time just enjoying all the different patterns.

Angie Berry said...

I love this look, it's like a piece of art! The colors are beautiful and blend very well together. I love the overall look!