Thursday, March 18, 2010

HOOKED CIRCLES

IN A BOOK BY JUDY CONDON CALLED THE WARMTH OF HOME
THERE IS A RUG IN THE HOME OF JUDE SPELLACY
THAT CAUGHT MY EYE.
JUDE HOOKED A RUNNER
FOR HER TABLE WITH LARGER PENNY CIRCLES
THAT JUST SPOKE TO ME!
I DECIDED I HAD TO DO ONE FOR OUR TABLE.
SO I DREW IT OUT ON LINEN AND FROM START TO
FINISH HAD IT ON THE TABLE IN THREE DAYS.
IT MEASURES 10" X 45". I MOSTLY USED
TEXTURED AS IS WOOLS FROM REBECCA ERB.
I HAVE AN OLD BOWL WITH OLD RAG BALLS SETTING ON THE RUNNER.


I'M PLEASED WITH HOW THE RUNNER CAME OUT.
THIS IS A VIEW OF THE TABLE AND DRY SINK IN OUR DINING ROOM.
THE DRY SINK HAS A LID AND IS DOWN AT THIS TIME.


THIS IS A CLOSER VIEW OF THE OLD DRY SINK IN PINE
WAINSCOTING. I'VE JUST SWITCHED SOME
OF MY SMALLS AROUND AND MOVED THE SHELF/RACK
AND THE BLACK WALL BOX TO THIS AREA.
THE DARLING LITTLE STITCHED PINKEEP IS BY MY FRIEND
TINA OF EARLY AMERICA...THE 1815 SHOPPE.
TINA DOES SUCH BEAUTIFUL WORK.
THE LOG CABIN RUNNER BY MY DEAR FRIEND
CAROLE COLLINS. CAROLE'S WORK IS EXCEPTIONAL.
I HAVE SOME OTHER THINGS IN THE WORKS
THAT I HOPE TO SHOW SOON. HAVE A GREAT CREATIVE DAY! LORI






17 comments:

bayrayschild said...

It all looks so beautiful Lori!
You create some of the best pieces!

Audrey

Sherry said...

It turned out GREAT as I KNEW it would My Friend!!!! PERFECTION on the table!!!
Sherry

Gayle said...

How wonderful! Don't you just love it when a piece comes together as seemlessly as that?

moosecraft said...

Love that runner, Lori! 3 days is pretty quick too!

Kaye said...

Looks perfect, funny when you really want to hook a rug it goes quick, and sometimes sorry you have finished it.
Great Pics. love it all.

Deb said...

Three days?? Wow. That's quick and it looks wonderful!

QUAINT AND PLAIN said...

OH MY GOODNESS LORI..!!! HOW FABULOUS IS YOUR TABLE RUNNER... YOU ARE A MARVEL ... YOUR HOME SWEET HOME IS SO DARLING AND DEAR, I CAN FEEL ITS COZINESS AND LOVE THAT FILL YOUR HOME.. NOW I MUST BE OFF TO HOOK & HOOK FOLLOWING YOUR INSPIRATION.... WISH ME CONTINUED "LUCK" WITH MY HOOKING AS YOU KNOW I NEED IT ~~(~: XXXX ~B

WoolenSails said...

Love the runner. I need to make some new ones myself. The drysink is wonderful.

Debbie

my3Kitties said...

it all looks so wonderful! i'm totally jealous that your hooking only took you THREE days! love it, love it, LOVE IT!

Sandy said...

WOW!!! I love it! You did a fab job and only three days??? Busy girl!

Grammy Linda / Behind My Red Door said...

What a wonderful idea for your runner and it came out great!!

Love your dry sink too - your pictures are always inspiring!

primitivebettys said...

Lori, I just love your use of color. Love your goodies!

Smiles,

Betty

Rugs and Pugs said...

Lori ~
Three days??? I hook so slowly I'd never get it done in three weeks. It looks great on your table!
What an unusual dry sink. Very unique. What a great piece and I love all your treasures on top.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Lydia said...

3 days! Lori, it looks great!!

brenda said...

The runner looks great! well done... I love the wools you used.

Angie Berry said...

Girl, you are amazing! Three days, huh? Maybe one of these days when my 3 kids are out of the house, I'll have time to sit down and create something as beautiful as this! I love the wooden bowl and rag balls.

Your dry sink is decorated so prim lovely! I love being surrounded by treasures that are from dear friends.

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Great piece Lori! Love the runner, just perfect for your table..