Saturday, March 27, 2010

Baskets & Blooms

This is the Primitive Star quilt top I showed you a while back.
Pattern by Linda Brannock in Miss Jump's Quilt Album.
Last weekend we had an on line retreat with a group
I belong to called An American Primitive Gathering.
The theme was Baskets and Blooms.
You could work on something with that theme or
something else if you wanted to.
I had been thinking to add baskets to the corners
of this quilt top for some time so it seemed the
perfect opportunity to get that done.
I drew up my own basket and used two different mustard/golds.
One is a homespun and the other a print.
I hope to get the top sandwiched in the next couple of weeks
so that I can begin to hand quilt it.


This is a sampler I finished for the retreat. The pattern is called
Come Buy My Sweet Flowers by Beth Twist of Heartstring Primitives.
This was such a fun sampler to stitch up. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
I aged it after stitching. It will fit in an 8" x 10" frame.

Well, this is not a basket or bloom and I admit I did stage this one.
But isn't she the sweetest sleeping with her doggy?! It's a Santa
Dog gifted her by my friend Sharon. It's one of
her favorite toys. By the way, Sharon is having a fun
pattern giveaway on her blog right now.
Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend. Lori


11 comments:

Plumruncreek ♥ said...

Love your sampler and beautiful quilt! Zoe is such a sweet baby!

Joanne said...

That Zoe is such a sweetie pie! Love your basket quilt and sampler!

basketsnprims said...

The last pic was my fave but I do love your quilt & that sampler is wonderful.
Pam

moosecraft said...

The quilt and sampler are beautiful! But, I hafta say that pic of Zoe has me giggling! I can almost hear "I'm not falling to sleep until you fall asleep first! " LOL! Such a sweetie pie that little Zoe is! :-)

WoolenSails said...

The baskets are a wonderful touch.
Love the sampler too, beautiful work on both.
How can we not love zoe, she is so sweet.

Debbie

Brenis said...

Ooh Lori, i LOVE the quilt! You do such gorgeous work! Are all those stars appliqued on?! Holy cow!

Lori said...

Bren~
Yes, the stars are all appliqued.I am itching to get quilting on it! Still have to piece the backing.
Lori

QUAINT AND PLAIN said...

DREAMY INSPIRATION AS ALWAYS LORI... EACH VISIT TO YOUR BLOG IS SUCH FUN ..... THANK YOU FOR SIMPLY BEING YOUR WONDERFUL SELF.... P.S.~ LOVE YOUR PRECIOUS ZOE PIC....(~: B

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Wonderful quilt, awesome sampler, and one very cute lil' Zoe!

primitivebettys said...

Lovely Lovely Lovely! :)

Can Zoe come visit us? Please???

Brenis said...

WOW Lori!! That would take me a year to get all those appliqued on! Maybe I am just WAY SLOW with needle turn, or too precise, or something?!? LOL! Your work is sooo gorgeous, and how you get things like this done so "quickly" just blows me away! I'm lovin those fabric covered books too, and that little Zoe is just too cute for words!!