Wednesday, January 6, 2010

THE TIE THAT BINDS US

RECENTLY I WAS LOOKING AT A PICTURE TRAIL SITE AND SAW A SAMPLER IN THE HOME PICTURES THAT I JUST LOVED.

I INQUIRED AS TO THE NAME OF THE SAMPLER IN HOPES THAT I COULD FIND THE PATTERN. IT WAS BY THE GOODE HUSWIFE AND I WAS SO DRAWN TO IT, I JUST HAD TO STITCH IT!

SUZANNE OF EARLY NEW ENGLAND WAS SWEET ENOUGH TO EMAIL ME TO TELL ME IT WAS CALLED ELIZA SLOAN. HOWEVER IT WAS AN OLDER PATTERN AND WAS OUT OF PRINT. I DID TRY TO FIND ONE BUT HAD NO LUCK.

A FEW DAYS LATER I GOT ANOTHER EMAIL FROM SUZANNE SAYING SHE HAD FOUND HER COPY OF THE PATTERN AND IF I WOULD SEND HER MY MAILING ADDRESS SHE WOULD LET ME BORROW HER COPY! WELL, YOU CAN JUST IMAGINE HOW THRILLED I WAS!! AND TO THINK SUZANNE WOULD LEND HER PATTERN TO A PERFECT STRANGER TO BOOT!

AS SOON AS THE PATTERN CAME TO MY DOOR I BEGAN STITCHING. I THINK THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE SAMPLERS I'VE EVER DONE WITH SEVERAL OF MY FAVORITE THINGS. NOW THAT I HAVE IT STITCHED AND AGED A BIT I AM ON THE HUNT FOR THE PERFECT FRAME.

THANK YOU SUZANNE FROM THE BOTTOM TO THE TOP OF MY HEART FOR YOUR GENEROUS AND GIVING SPIRIT. STRANGERS NO MORE, OUR LOVE OF STITCHING IS THE TIE THAT BINDS US. LORI



15 comments:

basketsnprims said...

Lori,
I love it & I would love to stitch it as well. I'm so addicted to primitive samplers & I have a fondness for crows as well.
Hugs,
Pam

Myglorystars said...

Lori, I love that sampler also!! How nice to find someone that could help you out, that is so sweet! Can't wait to see how you frame it.

Plumruncreek ♥ said...

I love it Lori!! That was so sweet and it couldn't of happened to a nicer person. Happy New Year!!

Black Sheep Lisa said...

I am loving that too Lori! That was so sweet of her to do that for you!

moosecraft said...

Wow Lori! It is a beautiful sampler! Isn't it funny how some patterns speak to us more than others? Glad that it brought Suzanne into your life too!

Maria said...

what an awesome post Lori! Love it...the ties that bind us! Very Cool...oh and I love the sampler too. Maria

WoolenSails said...

That is a beautiful piece and you did a beautiful job on stitching it.

Debbie

Carla said...

It's a beautiful sampler and you did a wonderful job. I'd love to see it framed. I hope you share a picture.

Joanne said...

OH wow - love this story - beautiful job on the sampler too!

kelley said...

Wonderful sampler Lori...and the story behind it makes it all that more a treasure...

Beth at Mehitable Puddington's Cupboard said...

Aren't all those blues lovely!
It was so kind for her to scout the chart up for you. There are so many kind women who are more than ready to help a fellow crafter out. I find that so encouraging.
Thanks for sharing this awesome piece and the great story behind it.

Janet - underthewillow said...

What a lovely post Lori and what a beautiful sampler it is indeed!

Janet

Angie Berry said...

How sweet! I love the story behind the sampler. After you frame it, you ought to print that story out and attach it to the back so you will always have that memory!

I can see why you were searching for it.. I love it too!

Lori said...

Great idea Angie!

Boggy Creek Primitives said...

Wow! What a beautiful sampler!! I love the colors too. Makes me want to pick up my needle again, lol.