Saturday, January 9, 2010

GIFTS FROM A FRIEND

MY FRIEND KATHY AND I DID A BELATED CHRISTMAS GIFT EXCHANGE THIS WEEK. WITH ONE THING AND ANOTHER WE JUST HADN'T HAD TIME TO GET TOGETHER. THESE ARE THE WOOLIE GIFTS SHE MADE FOR ME. I BELIEVE THE HORSE MAT WAS A PATTERN IN AN ISSUE OF CREATE & DECORATE MAGAZINE. I JUST LOVE IT AND IT FITS RIGHT IN WITH MY HORSE THEME IN OUR BEDROOM. THE COLORS ARE PERFECT! KATHY DOES BEAUTIFUL BUTTON HOLE STITCHING.
KATHY MAKES THESE WONDERFUL COASTERS WITH WOOL PENNIES THAT COME IN A BLACK PAINTED AND AGED MACHE' BOX. SHE GLUES ONE TO THE TOP SO THE BOX IS VERY PRETTY TO SET OUT TOO. I HAD WANTED SOME IN FALL COLORS AND SHE MADE THESE SPECIAL FOR ME. I JUST LOVE THEM! SO I WAS VERY SPOILED BY MY BEST BUDDY BUT MOSTLY I AM THANKFUL FOR HER AND WHAT SHE HAS MEANT TO ME IN MY LIFE. THANK YOU DEAR FRIEND JUST FOR BEING YOU!! LORI

15 comments:

Janet - underthewillow said...

Awesome gifts Lori! and I'm sure your's to her were just as wonderful! handmades from friends, it just doesn't get any better!

Janet

Myglorystars said...

Wow Lori those are some nice gifts, Love them

Joanne said...

Wonderful items from your best bud! Wow you are right her stitches look absolutely perfect! You two are too talented ladies!

basketsnprims said...

Wow, Lori ~ what wonderful gifts. Love them all.
Pam

Plumruncreek ♥ said...

Lori,
What beautiful gifts!! Thanks for sharing.

Beth at Mehitable Puddington's Cupboard said...

All the better because they were belated! :)
What a great idea for coasters, that's one creative friend you have there.

Gayle said...

Love your new goodies! Does your friend Kathy have a blog too? Would love to see what you made and sent to her! I used that same horse pattern for a hooked rug - I'm nearly finished with it now. Can you show the back of the penny rug? I never know how to finish mine.

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Wow Lori, such wonderful gifts. The horse is so sweet. Love those coasters too, what a great idea!

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful gifts and beautiful wool work.

Debbie

Lori said...

Gayle,
Kathy doesn't have a blog. She layered another piece of the background wool for the backing and then did the button hole stitch around the entire piece. Lori

Rebecca said...

What beautiful work, Lori, and what a generous friend!

PrimWyoGirl said...

What nice gifts! Great to have a special friend like that!

Angie Berry said...

Ah, I just love your stories, girl!! So sweet! What wonderful gifts. I agree with Janet... there's nothing better than handmade gifts between friends.. they truly are from the heart!

yellowfarmhouse said...

Adorable horsey mat - the stitching looks perfect - and I love those wool coasters. I need to make some of those for myself.

Boggy Creek Primitives said...

Some VERY nice gifts Lori ~ lucky you! I love those coasters and of course I'm a critter fan so I love the horse too.