Tuesday, January 19, 2010

BAND SAMPLER

I LOVE THIS PATTERN! IT'S BY LINDA GILLON OF PRIMITIVE THINGS AND CALLED THE MIRIAM DOWD SAMPLER. I DECIDED TO STITCH IT ALL IN BROWNS INSTEAD OF THE COLORS SUGGESTED.
I'M JUST DOING IT AS I PLEASE AS I GO ALONG. I'M STITCHING ON 30 COUNT LINEN BY R&R CALLED 18th CENTURY BROWN.
I THINK IT WILL BE ABOUT 6" X 33" WHEN DONE. THERE ARE FOUR PAGES TO THE PATTERN. I'M ON THE SECOND ONE SO I HAVE SOME STITCHING TO DO YET!
I HAVE A SPECIAL SPOT FOR IT NEXT TO OUR
HUTCH IN THE DINING ROOM THAT HOLDS MOST OF MY REDWARE.
I HAVE A FRIEND HERE THAT MAKES FRAMES FOR ME SO I'LL HAVE TO ASK HIM TO MAKE ME A FRAME THE RIGHT SIZE THAT I WILL PAINT AND AGE.
I FOUND THIS PATTERN AND OTHERS BY LINDA AT
IN SPRING GREEN, WI THIS PAST SUMMER. THEY HAVE
TONS OF X-STITCH SUPPLIES AND PATTERNS. IT'S
WELL WORTH A VISIT IF YOU CAN GET THERE. LORI




10 comments:

moosecraft said...

Lookin' good Lori! Though I'm FAR away from WI, I still do shop at the Country Sampler online quite often! Great selection and service!

Janet - underthewillow said...

It looks wonderful Lori!! What a cool design!

Janet

Black Sheep Lisa said...

LOoks great so far Lori, I know it will be a treasured piece when you are done!

Grammy Linda / Behind My Red Door said...

What a wonderful pattern! Looking forward to seeing the finished piece!

kelley said...

gorgeous pattern Lori...and your color choices are giving me a pitter-patter heart...

bayrayschild said...

I love it!
No doubt it will be a beautiful finished project.

Audrey

Angie Berry said...

Lori, it is lovely so far! It will be a beautiful piece when you are done. Time consuming, but oh so worth it!! Can't wait to see it finished!

Have a delightful day~

Joanne said...

Gorgeous! Love the colors you have chosen

primitivebettys said...

That is a wonderful pattern & your stitchin' is looking beautiful! Please be sure to share the finished piece once you have it in place in your dining room.

WoolenSails said...

I love how you are doing that piece, the colors are so prim. Wish I could work on linen, but I can hardly see the holes on 14 count, lol.

Debbie