Thursday, January 21, 2010

ANTIQUE RUG

I'VE ALWAYS LOVED THIS ANTIQUE RUG AND HAVE WANTED TO HOOK IT FOR YEARS. IT'S FOUND IN THE COUNTRY LIVING BOOK SEASONS AT SEVEN GATES FARM.
RECENTLY RHONDA OF MYGLORYSTARS DID A PUNCH NEEDLE VERSION USING SOME BLUE WHICH I LOVED. THEN SHE DID A BIGGER HOOKED RUG VERSION AND I JUST KNEW I HAD TO DO MINE WITH BLUE AND BROWN FOR OUR BLUE AND BROWN BEDROOM. THANK YOU FOR THE GREAT INSPIRATION RHONDA!
SO I STARTED MY VERSION THE OTHER DAY AND THOUGHT YOU'D LIKE TO SEE WHAT I'VE GOTTEN DONE SO FAR. I'M DOING IT MOSTLY IN 9 AND 9.5 CUTS SO IT IS GOING PRETTY FAST. I ADDED THE BIRD FOR A BIT MORE FOLKY LOOK. I LOVE BIRDS! I'LL SHOW MORE AS I GET MORE HOOKED. LORI




13 comments:

Myglorystars said...

Oh Lori, I am loving how your rug is looking, you are so awesome.

Cabin Creek Farm ♥ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cabin Creek Farm ♥ said...

Truly amazing my friend.☺ I love it. I have seen it done so many times but I know when you are done I will be drooling over it!! LOL Did you draw it up yourself? I have wanted to hook this rug myself for years. Please let me know how to get the pattern. ♥

moosecraft said...

I am so totally luvin' your version of this rug! I think you're transforming me into a blue and brown fan! :-)

Janet - underthewillow said...

It's going to be amazing Lori!! You are soooo talented!!

Janet

Beth at Mehitable Puddington's Cupboard said...

I love that color combination, especially the variation on the blue hues. It is going to be one lovely piece, that's for sure! :)

bayrayschild said...

Oh My! I love it already!

Audrey

Gayle said...

YUMMY colors you're using! It's going to be awesome!

Sheila said...

Always loved that rug too! You both have great colors. Makes me want to hook it now tto.
sheila

Angie Berry said...

Oh yes, I can see why you love it so much. It is a beautiful piece. I'm loving the blues and browns together, especially the differing shades. You are doing a wonderful job! Looking forward to seeing the finished project!

katie said...

Great choice of colors. That is really looking good.
I love the wider cuts, I think it gives it a more primitive look.

Plumruncreek ♥ said...

I love your rug Lori. Rhonda inspire me too!!

primitivebettys said...

Beautiful start! I love the bird too! Oh... and I also bought the book & can hardly wait for it to get here. :)