Tuesday, November 17, 2009

LITTLE OLD SHOES



I HAVE A LOVE FOR OLD CHILD SIZE THINGS. I HAVE BECOME A COLLECTOR OF LITTLE OLD CHILD SIZE SHOES. IVE HAD TWO PAIR FOR YEARS AND THEY HAVE BEEN DISPLAYED IN DIFFERENT WAYS AROUND OUR HOME. A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO I PURCHASED THIS OLD BLACK APPOTHECARY TYPE CUPBOARD. IT HAS BEEN IN DIFFERENT PLACES IN OUR HOME TOO. EVENTUALLY IT FOUND IT'S WAY INTO OUR GUEST BEDROOM AND THE LITTLE SHOES FOUND THEIR WAY INTO THE OPEN CUBBIES. IN THE PAST FEW MONTHS IVE PURCHASED TWO MORE PAIR AND I HAVE TWO CUBBIES LEFT TO FILL. I'M NOT IN A HURRY THO. AFTER ALL, THE HUNT IS HALF THE FUN!! LORI

9 comments:

Jenny said...

Hi Lori,
I LOVE your cupboard, and your little shoes look perfect displayed in the cubbies!! That little sewing machine is adorable too! :)

Wishing you a beautiful day!
Jenny

Janet - underthewillow said...

What a cool piece that is Lori!....and the shoes are the perfect thing to place in those cubbies. You're so right about the hunt being half the fun!

Janet

lovetheprimlook said...

I just love little shoes...I collect them too :)


Angie

Tiff said...

What a perfect display for them! You collect shoes and I collect the little clothes to go with them :) BTW, I love your blue boxes on top.

WoolenSails said...

I love that chest, I want one like that. I am hunting the stores for something similar to fit on top of a bureau, hopefully I will find one. Fun idea to put the old shoes in it, great look.

Debbie

Rebecca said...

What a great collectible, Lori! And, what a perfect way to display them! Love all those prim accents!

primitivebettys said...

So sweet! :) The shoes & cabinet are just darling!

Hey, can we see another photo and hear more about that rug too? ;)

Linda said...

Hmmmm..........Lori I see we share the same love for little shoes. I have some that look very similar. I love that little sewing machine peeking out too!
Linda/SimplyCountrySeasons

Hayley @ Prim it Up! said...

Love those cute little shoes and the cabinet too! I've been looking for very old child's skates for a long time.. I'll add the little shoes to my list, thanks for the inspiration!