Friday, October 30, 2009

Well Here I Am...



entering the blog world! I never thought I would but decided I'd give it a go.


Firstly I'd like to share a rug I recently finished for myself inspired by an antique rug.



I'd always wanted to hook this rug and my friend Tina was generous enough to send me her drawing of the pattern to use. I had planned to hang it above our bed. Well, I hung it there but we don't have a headboard and it just looked lost by itself so I decided to hang another smaller horse rug underneath it that I did when I took a class from Barb Carroll a few years ago.









That's my little girl Zoe on our bed. It's one of her favorite places to snuggle.


Horses, hmmmmm, I'm seeing a theme here and I'll show you what I mean. Here's a picture of a little framed wool horse I did inspired by my friend Jackie




And lastly a horse of my own design. This is the first one I made.















19 comments:

Sherry said...

WELCOME To blog world My Dear Friend!!!!!
BEE U TI FUL pictures!!!!
You're off to a GREAT Start!!!!
I'll add you to my list tomorrow.

Sherry aka:The Queen

Joanne said...

Welcome Lori! Your blog is wonderful! Love your rugs!

Cotton Eyed Jo said...

Loved it, and looking forward to peeking into other corners of your wonderful home. Jo

Myglorystars said...

Hey Lori, great blogging so far, I see that Zoe and y dog Vinnie do look similar. They are so cute. Love your things Rhonda

QUAINT AND PLAIN said...

HI LORI. AS ALWAYS YOUR WORKS ARE INSPIRING AS IS YOUR GIVING SPIRIT. HOW MUCH FUN IS THIS TO BE ABLE TO BLOG AWAY WITH YOU.. YOUR FRIEND FROM TURKEY HOLLOW. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK.~~ B

woolyredrug said...

Lori,
Welcome to Blog~land!
Just love your work...and that sweet Zoe!
~Laurie

kelley said...

Hi Lori,

Loving the blog so far...what more can a girl ask for...hooked rugs, sweet dolls and the lovely Miss Zoe!

The Evening Stitcher said...

So happy to see you are blogging. I think you will enjoy it! Looking forward to seeing all the rugs, quilts, & dolls you create! Love seeing pics of your baby girl!

Bobbie

Rebecca said...

Your blog looks great! Congratulations! Love all your hand work, Lori!

-Rebecca

Cabin Creek Farm ♥ said...

HI Lori - Love your work...can't wait to see more.

woolyrover said...

Lori,
Great job, can't wait to see more, and I love the horses too. I think I have done 4 or 5 rugs with horses don't know why but fun to do.

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Zoe is adorable and your rugs look great above the bed. Great start on your blog!

Mary said...

Hi Lori-loved reading your first entry. Can't wait to see what you come up with next. Love all your animals-puppies and horses!!!!

Gayle said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'm so glad to find out that you've started blogging! I know it'll be one of the best on the web, cuz your home and the things you make are the BEST!

Gayle said...

I'm working on a horse rug right now too! It's kinda a memory rug because the people we visited in Portugal during the summer had about 30 horses - I thought that theme would be appropriate. Just have to finish the border now.

Lori said...

Sounds like a great rug Gayle! Thank you for your sweet words. Lori

Lorraine said...

Good luck! Love your work. Lorraine

Linda ~~PrairieRose said...

Lori--your Blog is looking Great! Thanks for sharing with us! Lovin' it!
Hugs--Linda

Boggy Creek Primitives said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your horse rugs! Anything horsey is good for me, lol! And Zoe of course is just adorable and looks so comfortable on your bed.